RS Warrior Forum banner

1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,172 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Maybe it's just me but,...Does anyone else out there feel that the signature pics are getting over used and becoming an annoyance? I like 'em and all, but seeing the same one time and time again, one right after the other, in the same post, is starting to bug me.[/emoticons/emotion-6.gif] I'd like to ask us to turn the signature off for our second and third response (etc.) in the same post. IMHO, it's getting so that the signatures take up more space than the discussion. I welcome your comments.[/emoticons/emotion-1.gif]
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,435 Posts
That actually sounds like a good idea...after the third post in the same subject to not have the closing info...a Java Script would probably need to be written to make it do that...I wonder if he(Carknee) would do this? It concur what you said about annoying seeing the same closing info to many times in the same subject matter...
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,117 Posts
Go to your profile and shut them off, very simple!!! Then you don't have to look at them, you get a choice, use it[/emoticons/emotion-1.gif]. There are rules for sizes, Carknee cleans up anyone that is "out of whack".
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
4,864 Posts
I also agree that many signature images are a little overboard. However, the rules I have in place are very simple and do help it a lot! Imagine each member having a 640x480 image right from their camera at the bottom of every post!

You can disable all signature images in your profile as DNGrumpy said. I have them disabled the majority of the time as they do take up way too much space. There is no way to limit signatures to just the first reply.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
5,034 Posts
What he said!
quote:Originally posted by slothy


ya mine are off to - i could care less if somone did 130 or has a 210 on the back
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
3,351 Posts
quote:Originally posted by DNGrumpy

Go to your profile and shut them off, very simple!!! Then you don't have to look at them, you get a choice, use it[/emoticons/emotion-1.gif]. There are rules for sizes, Carknee cleans up anyone that is "out of whack".

As he says, just turn em off
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
16,372 Posts
you also have the option of not logging on the forum at all..............I do agree, some of the signatures are a little bit over kill, BUT...........................who really cares. I have better things to waste my energy on and this just not happens to be on my priority list......................
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
934 Posts
Most Sigs are ok, colorful, creative, repetitive, artistic, decorative, waste of space, unimaginitive, blah,blah,blah,blah-blah. I don't mind those.

What annoys me are the long ones that you have to scroll right and left (east & west) .
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
4,137 Posts
quote:Originally posted by JimB

Mine are on. I don't want to miss any thongs or cameltoes that might pop up.


LMAO....nice.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,172 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Is almost everyone missing the point?

I'm not saying NO signatures, I LIKE the signatures. I'm saying we don't need to see the same signature 2, 3, 5, 10 times in the same post. Look at the two in a row from Darkstar....( a really nice one, BTW)... what if he posted a few words 3,4 ,5 times in a row? We'd have pages of signature and no content. That's my beef. It's just not neccessary, adds no value and interupts the flow of the topic. And, some people have DIAL-UP connections. It takes alot of time to load all those graphics. IMHO.

I KNOW you can turn it off, post by post. Let's DO that! That's what I'm saying. After you post once, turn it off for any more posts on that thread (Unless, perhaps, you have something REALLY important to add.)

That's what I'm gonna try to do. It's easy, let's give it a shot.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
6,406 Posts
quote:Originally posted by MrWilson


Is almost everyone missing the point?

I'm not saying NO signatures, I LIKE the signatures. I'm saying we don't need to see the same signature 2, 3, 5, 10 times in the same post. Look at the two in a row from Darkstar....( a really nice one, BTW)... what if he posted a few words 3,4 ,5 times in a row? We'd have pages of signature and no content. That's my beef. It's just not neccessary, adds no value and interupts the flow of the topic. And, some people have DIAL-UP connections. It takes alot of time to load all those graphics. IMHO.

I KNOW you can turn it off, post by post. Let's DO that! That's what I'm saying. After you post once, turn it off for any more posts on that thread (Unless, perhaps, you have something REALLY important to add.)

That's what I'm gonna try to do. It's easy, let's give it a shot.


That's not a bad idea. I haven't seen any other forums with that feature. Kind of like having your cake and eating it too...
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
4,703 Posts
Mr Wilson, Let me offer another viewpoint on signatures. In a long thread with many posts, that may go on for many pages, the signature assists me in getting to the place I was at the last time, and can then efficiently continue on.

When I vote for W O M, I turn off my signature, to assist carknee in tallying up the votes.

I don't think there is a screaming request for that one, but thanks for bringing it up for discussion.
 

·
Super Moderator
Joined
·
13,703 Posts
quote:Originally posted by The_Bear


When I vote for W O M, I turn off my signature, to assist carknee in tallying up the votes.

I don't think there is a screaming request for that one, but thanks for bringing it up for discussion.

This does not work the way you think it does. As soon as you turn off your ability to see signatures in a post, it will only make them invisible for YOU, it does not affect what everyone else sees.

And if you remove your sig temporarily or permanently, it removes it from ALL posts you have ever made and will ever make. As soon as you put your signature back in place, or start a new one, it will update ALL your old posts instantly.



Ultimately the only solution for someone who doesn't like the signatures is to turn off their ability to see them in their own profiles, problem solved.
 
1 - 20 of 31 Posts
Top