RS Warrior Forum banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
1,089 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This seems to be another futureware product from Yamaha. Seems to me the only "proper" backrest would be one bolted to the fender or frame. Has anyone replaced their fender stays with chrome ones? If so are you interested in taking the old ones to a fabricator and have them make a sissy bar? I've never owned a bike without a backrest of some sort. If you ride a warrior like it should be ridden..... you'll lose your passenger w/o a backrest!

·
Registered
359 Posts
I called sideroad cycles for more information on this. They said the part would be chrome with no option for a powder coated black. I think that chrome would look out of place unless you had the chrome fender struts. I am also waiting patiently for a similiar design.

·
Registered
359 Posts
Just out of curiosity, I wonder how many people are interested in this topic? If we could get enough people to agree on one design, I know some one that may be able to make one.

·
Registered
4,864 Posts
I need one, or should I say my G/F needs one.
A Sissy bar would be fine cuz it wont dent the fender. If somehow had a quick release and could be used with the Warrior bags at the same time it would be a plus.

CarkNee

·
Registered
107 Posts
I agree w/ CarKnee, I would nice to have a backrest for when a girl wanted to ride but not all the time.....

·
Registered
2,261 Posts
I ajust ordered a Yamaha dual tour seat w/ back rest. Thes seat may not look as good but it is quick off and I can swap back the stock no prob. I just can't see a bar that would be as easy on and off. Plus I was thinking of having my stock seat recovered and mad to look more like a stilleto solo for a more custom look when the wifes not on. Just a thought, and the dual tour does not damage the fender.

·
Premium Member
16,372 Posts
Something more on the lines of complimenting the stock look. Powder coated attachments with a low profile backrest for cosmetic function only would look trick. I would be in the market for something or anything geared towards retaining the stock look.

·
Registered
49 Posts
I would like to have one, for passengers, and since there are not many saddlebags available, it can also be used for t-bags, etc.

·
Registered
285 Posts
I'm very interested in a SissyBar/backrest combo, quick detachable would be a must. Also not sure about all that chrome on the tail end of the bike, I think you may have a point about it looking out of place. If someone can come up with a suitable design and acceptable workmanship I'd be interested for sure.

·
Registered
1,089 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
I would commit to a purchase if it is done right. I agree that a chrome one would only look good with chrome fender stays. I think a black one would look good as an extension of the stock fender stays. You could add your own backrest pad.

·
Registered
1,089 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
If I can get a set of stock fender stays.... I will work on design and find a fabricator. I'll check out the for sale area.

·
Registered
8,243 Posts
I have built 3 of them so far & allthough they look good on paper I hated them on the bike. About the only thing I have accomplished so far is making the scrap pile bigger & spending money on Rolaids to relieve my indigestion. #4 has possibilities but thats what I said about the other 3 when they were under construction. Getting a design that "flows" with the bike lines is difficult. Just hanging a rack on it is a piece of cake but looks like crap. This bike deserves better.

L8r,
Churchkey

·
Registered
2,261 Posts
My thought, Take the easybracket systemhttp://www.easybrackets.com/, add the mounting studs and then make the sissybar fit it. Use the same lock, so you slide the sissybar into place lock it then unlock it take it off when not in use.
You have what a square pipe that would be welded to a square pipe w/ the cut outs and lock. You could then even add 2 more easy bracket studs to that and ust both at the same time. This is about a 2 min Idea but I could look at it a little closer as I am sure some of you guys who mod more than I do could as well.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts