RS Warrior Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So my goal is to find the cheapest sissy bar option out there, preferably second hand. Why? I just want this to strap a bag to for my trip. I don’t even need the seat back, I just need some bars that come Up really. If my local machine shop was open I’d just make it.

My question: What other bikes have this bolt pattern where one of their sissy bars would be able to mount to a Warriors. I have a 2004 for reference.

Or is there some sort of luggage bar that I’m totally overlooking right now? I appreciate any input!

·
Registered
Yamaha XV1700 Roadstar Warrior
702 Posts
If you're a bit handy with a drill, a hacksaw and a file you can modify most of em out there with hardwarestore parts.. that's what I did, i rebuilt the sissybar that came with my XVS1100.. just drilled new holes and cut a bit off then added some spacers and longer bolts.. mine has held up for 5 years of hollidays with a case strapped to it and a passenger leaning on it as well..

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #5

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Got this on eBay. It was like $100 if I remember....
Was yours listed to fit a Warrior, or was it another Yamaha model that happened to fit? That's what I'm trying to figure out, since it doesn't seem many are sold as fitting the Warrior, but I have a feeling other bikes like the Road Star might have the same bolt pattern for the brackets.

·
Registered
812 Posts
Just as a suggestion. The kretin who crashed my bike and he owns a Harley 883 Sportster. Anyway he took his sissy bar off his bike. Behind his back I grabbed it to see if it would fit on mine ( he did leave it outside ). I found that it would fit except that the base is straight not curved. Maybe you can find a secondhand one and mod it up to see if it works.

·
Registered
5,726 Posts
There is a sissy bar like that ^^^ that you can use. But it mounts to the top of the fender, and can dent it if you’re not careful.
Harley deuce backrest I believe, got one with a matching dent in the fender.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Tapatalk

·
Registered
3 Posts
I searched the webs for a while... Needed something to help hold the 10 year old on the back of the bike and give me some bag space. Saddle bags would not work with my license mount. I ended up biting the bullet and finding something on Amazon for $175... I know it is not the amount you are looking for... But the mounts are simple and could give a guide for what you can find.
Sissy Bar Backrest & Luggage Rack for 02+ Yamaha Road Star Warrior 1700 / Midnight by Cavalry

1 - 14 of 14 Posts