RS Warrior Forum banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
5,034 Posts
SISSY, c'mon, if you have to do it to your bike at least call it a backrest. Sorry, not trying to slam, just a pet peeve. And the bike looks so low and long without that sort of thing.IMHO of course.

·
Registered
4,104 Posts
Meatball, I want one! But I am going to make it myself, just so I can put it on and take it right back off only to use it for long trips to tie things to it. If made right it doesn't look all that bad. Large wide chrome ones IMHO look like crap..

·
Registered
5,034 Posts
Redbull, post your pics when you're done. This bike certainly needs all the help it can get in the cargo department.

·
Registered
4,104 Posts
Oh, I will!! I havn't started it yet, but getting ideas at the moment. I was thinking something narrow, and instead of in the middle of the fender area, I was thinking of possitioning it more twards the rear. So the cargo is captured, not hanging on the back of it. It wouldn't be a backresst of any sort, more geared to looks and just something to tie stuff to.

·
Registered
469 Posts
I got mine yesterday from MC and it looks really good w/ the mustang seat (which was/is a total bitch to get on till I FIX it...anyway). The padding along the bottom/zipper area is crooked but I'm gonna fix that. The lady loves it too, so it's just gonna stay on.

·
Registered
130 Posts
I've got the MC Enterprises one on my bike (see gallery photos.) I took it off yesterday to get it black powder coated satin black along with the cargo rack (I'm having it clear-koted as well to help protect the finish.) I just finished fabricating a "quick release" for the whole set-up. I haven't had a chance to test it as, I'll have to wait until I get my stuff back from the powder guy. They indicated a bit of a back log, but I'll post some pictures as soon as this thing is ready for prime time.

·
Registered
173 Posts
I was talking with a friend about the warrior I want to get and mentioned that I'll need to get a new seat for it with a sissybar and a back rest. Just then my wife took me TOTALLY by surprise and said, 'I don't need a sisy bar or a back rest to ride on the back!' I am SO pround of her for saying that!

·
Registered
58 Posts
dianka, I'd be interested in hearing about how your quick release mod works out cause I'm with redbullssg... just want it on to help with the cargo on long hauls or occational 2 up riding with the wife. Keep us posted.

·
Registered
73 Posts
There's been previous threads on the below site. I'm waiting for them to have a product for the Warrior this summer. I don't know if anyone has heard anything new concerning the availability of their rack for the Warrior.

http://www.cycleventure.com/products/pack_system/index.htm

·
Registered
73 Posts
There's been previous threads on the below site. I'm waiting for them to have a product for the Warrior this summer. I don't know if anyone has heard anything new concerning the availability of their rack for the Warrior.

http://www.cycleventure.com/products/pack_system/index.htm

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Thanks for all the input on the sissy bar(backrest). I checked the mc enterprises dealer price at about $170. to $180. I am fabricating one at this time and will send pictures if it works out. I hate to clutter the bike with junk but need a place for tent sleeping bag etc. Dealer parts person said I bought the wrong bike. Shall I reach across the counter and slap her? Thanks again, Dave

·
Registered
4,104 Posts
quote:Originally posted by dawrayme

Thanks for all the input on the sissy bar(backrest). I checked the mc enterprises dealer price at about $170. to $180. I am fabricating one at this time and will send pictures if it works out. I hate to clutter the bike with junk but need a place for tent sleeping bag etc. Dealer parts person said I bought the wrong bike. Shall I reach across the counter and slap her? Thanks again, Dave
Sure, I would! i bought the bike because it was bad ass, but I am not goingto trailer it to rallies!! I believe that it can be set up to do both, with the right eye and enginuity!!

·
Registered
173 Posts
Slap her with a big smile on your face!!!
As for the tent and sleeping bag ... Nothing beats a tarp, rope, two trees, a blanket, and your arm for a pillow! All of that fits nicly in a duffle bag that you can strap to the back seat or your passenger can hold it. Oh, get some mosqiuto netting and a lot of OFF!

·
Registered
4,104 Posts
Well, I didn't mension what I would slap her with, and where!! LOL

My only problem with the tarp and two trees, is what if there are no trees? I have slept on the ground many times, but I would rather not do that by choice!! LOL!

·
Registered
173 Posts
Where's MacGiever (spell) when you need him??? All he would need is tooth picks, unspun wool, and some dentine.
As far as the whole sissy bar discussion goes, I wasn't to crazy with the way the seat looked with the passenger back rest and was elated when my wife stated that she doesn't need it to ride.
I like the smooth look of a 'uninterupted' seat.

·
Registered
1,794 Posts
Women passengers, no sissy bar, arms gripped around you: excellent.
Male passengers, no sissy bar, arms gripped around you: get out of here, call me homophobic but I find this unpleasant and so do passengers.

I don't really like sissy bars but having seen the price of the Yamaha plug in back rest I reckon there has got to be a cheaper way. What I really want is a decent grab rail but I'd settle for a tasteful sissy bar with back pad. I have just had a look at the mcenterprisesusa.com sissy bar, it's nice and very traditional but I think it needs to look a bit different for this bike and be easily removable for normal solo use.

1 - 20 of 25 Posts