RS Warrior Forum banner

21 - 40 of 49 Posts

·
Registered
1,597 Posts
tear.

This is the one and only online forum to which I belong. rswarrior.com. I have 854 posts as of today. kinda funny. I love my rswarrior. It rocks. I like this site too. Good folks. Happy 2011! : )

·
Registered
2,602 Posts
Sean thank you for your perseverance, your dedication, and your vision in creating this community. Thanks to you, I have shared some of the best times of my life riding with the good friends I have mde on this site. I remember years ago when there was a fire and the forum went down for a while....I think many of us fell into clinical depression for a while....LOL.....best of luck in all your future endeavors.

Rx

·
Administrator
852 Posts
first off- you all are very kind in your words, this is a very unique community, i usually don't see this level of nice people.
second- i don't know if I'm hawt? cute maybe?
third- if you need anything or want anything for the site let me know. i am here to help

·
Premium Member
1,257 Posts
first off- you all are very kind in your words, this is a very unique community, i usually don't see this level of nice people.
second- i don't know if I'm hawt? cute maybe?
third- if you need anything or want anything for the site let me know. i am here to help
You will get used to Shag, we all have. :D

·
Registered
1,182 Posts
This site helped so much with the mods I did, as well as help me decide to get a Warrior in the first place. Yamaha should be grateful for the site. Thanks.
Yamaha should be supporting this forum, I could be wrong but many of us would never have known the endless possibilties of this Magnificent Beast without RSWARRIOR.COM. As for myself, this forum and the members that comprise it, was the deciding factor in purchasing my Beast. Thank you Sean for your vision and countless hours spent making it what it is today. I pray that Helena and her team will raise up what you have given birth to. Long live the Warrior and RSWARRIOR.com.

Carmine

·
Registered
1,626 Posts
As many have said, thank you Sean, you created a great site here along with all the members that have come and gone. This site has been so helpful to us all, once again thanks and I'm sure we all hope to still see you on here. I'd also like to thank Vertical Scope and Helena for taking the reins.

·
Premium Member
4,742 Posts
Carknee, Thanks for all the time and effort you have put into this site and Helena welcome.

One thing I would like to see would be the ability to modify the titles in the classified section. I search it daily and it would be nice to know when Items are sold in the title. I think the old site had this option.

G

·
Administrator
28,390 Posts
Sean, along with faithful moderators and many helpful members, you grew this gearhead's-gathering into something unique. Time will tell if it continues to provide what it was born to provide.

I've always believed that some of the core facets are the things that help us to help each other. Things like gallery pages where each member posts their mods so we can help each other across time zones even when time is critical. And things like a set-aside 'Downloads' folder where we can upload and download member-authored modification documents, service and recall documents, and similar.

For me, the essence of this gathering place has sometimes been 'what can I do with this motorcycle, and who if anyone has pioneered a trail a guy like me can follow?' Other times, its been 'does anyone need help, and can I learn anything in the process.' Heck, sometimes its just simply 'who wants to ride!'

Thanks, Sean, its been a helluva ride. Please stay in touch my friend.

RSWarrior.com Members:
As you all have noticed, on January 1st the format of RSWarrior.com had changed. With this change also came a change in the ownership of the site. RSWarrior.com is now owned and operated by Vertical Scope.

Most of you already know that I do not take part in the day-to-day operations of the site. I manage the back end stuff and pay the bills. I’ve been doing this since I started RSWarrior.com eight years ago.

My time has been less and less over the last few years and my ability to be actively involved has been tougher and tougher. This has made server/software enhancements take longer than they should and not happen as often as they should.

Vertical Scope is going to keep the domain on their server bank which should help with uptime and performance. The forums will continue to be run by the current moderators and the business/server side of the forum will be run by Vertical Scope.

A HUGE THANKS goes out to all the members and moderators for the support over the years. You are the ones who really kept the site running on a daily basis. Furthermore, we would like you all to continue doing the awesome job you all have been doing for years now to keep this site growing and keep our member base active.

Sincerely,
Sean Kearney
"CarKnee"

Nice to meet you Helena!

As you have read above, Verticalscope.com has come to an agreement with Sean and will now be the owners of rswarrior.com. We here at Verticalscope.com bring with us staff and resources to make this site grow by leaps and bounds. We provide the resources necessary to run this site and maintain the day to day technical and managerial tasks that are time consuming for one person.

With that I would like you all to know that this is still YOUR community and we are here to work with the community and Sean to keep this site a place for you to come and feel at home.

My name is Helena, please feel free to ask questions in this section of the forum and I will do my best to answer any and all of them. As of now I will be the only Verticalscope.com member to join the site, I am here to answer questions help with technical issues and make sure we are doing our job and keeping you all happy. If you have any issues feel free to discuss below. I hope you all enjoy this new chapter in rswarrior.com life.

Thank you all for reading.
Helena

·
Administrator
852 Posts
^^^^^ that was some nice words :eek:

I am going to create a forum for site suggestions and improvements and problems, so it is kept in one spot and easily access by yours truly. This will definitely help me get things done quicker because it will be all in once spot. Just remember if you are going to post make sire no one else has posted the same thing and if so try and keep that information together. The more detailed you are the easier it is for my team to react. :)

·
Premium Member
3,725 Posts
Yamaha should be supporting this forum, I could be wrong but many of us would never have known the endless possibilties of this Magnificent Beast without RSWARRIOR.COM. As for myself, this forum and the members that comprise it, was the deciding factor in purchasing my Beast. Thank you Sean for your vision and countless hours spent making it what it is today. I pray that Helena and her team will raise up what you have given birth to. Long live the Warrior and RSWARRIOR.com.

Carmine
---------------------------

A massive +1 from me!
----------------------------

I think you need a warrior Helena - so you can help us with the site - and we can help you with the modifications! :D

Welcome to the forum from all us us!

·
Premium Member
4,412 Posts
Helana,
I am one of the old timers that Ed spoke of that has seen this site grow beyond belief. I'd like to think that I speak for all of us when I say that, if there is anything you need from us, just let us know. We are all in this together and have to be willing to work together to keep this one of the best forums on the net.

And yes, you do have to overlook Shag, he's a bit, shall we say, a little left of center. But we love him, even if he does ride an off brand bike.

CAD

·
Super Moderator
13,703 Posts
^^^^^ that was some nice words :eek:

I am going to create a forum for site suggestions and improvements and problems, so it is kept in one spot and easily access by yours truly. This will definitely help me get things done quicker because it will be all in once spot. Just remember if you are going to post make sire no one else has posted the same thing and if so try and keep that information together. The more detailed you are the easier it is for my team to react. :)
We have a topic like that. It is sticky in this forum.

http://www.rswarrior.com/forums/5-site-news-comments/144585-new-feature-requests-new-forum.html

Probably wouldn't be a bad idea to start a new one. If you do you may want to close the old one.

·
Premium Member
2,988 Posts
We have a topic like that. It is sticky in this forum.

http://www.rswarrior.com/forums/5-site-news-comments/144585-new-feature-requests-new-forum.html

Probably wouldn't be a bad idea to start a new one. If you do you may want to close the old one.
I vote to start a new, too much old requests that are no longer valid on that Thread.

So far this new format has been great!
My only question has been if there will be any paid supporters in the future and if there will, what would be the benefits?

·
Vendor
7,301 Posts
Well Sean, I for one am very sorry to see you go. Not because you were so very active but that you have always been able to keep a level head and even tone in dealing with just about anything that has happened here on the site over the many years I have been a member. Or at least, you have been able to show that side of you to us the members.

I am also a meber of many other vehicle related forums and have seen the utter demise of just about all of them once they were taken over by a corporate forum company. AutoForums being the absolute worst of them. In almost every case, powerhungry moderators took over and forced existing mods out. Almost all tolerance for anything even slightly hinting towards gettiong close to breaking the rules went completely out of the window. Permabans handed out WAY too often for even minor infractions. Censorship in the form of post/thread removal with no warning when someone either talks bad about the site or one of its advertisors. The feel of the sites completely changes from being an Enthusiasts gathering place, to a marketing / advertisement site that only looked to make a profit off its members. While I have always understood the need for advertisements to provide revenue to keep servers and domains up and running, the change in need for PROFIT is completely the wrong way to go. I had to leave those sites because the benefit and the joy of the "community" was completely obliterated. I would hate to see that happen here too.

I truely hope from the bottom of my heart that this new company will NOT end up being anything close to what I just described. I was very afraid of this happening when I first saw the site change on the 1st because of how adamant you had been in the past in regards to NOT changing and giving up control. Now I guess my fears were correct.

I will be more than happy to give the new company a chance to prove me wrong but I am not very confident that they will. Please, Helena, and whoever else, please prove me wrong.

·
Vendor
4,401 Posts
Thanks Sean for all you've done. This is also the only forum i am a member of, reason being is basically what robriguez just posted. Never found another forum that was anything like this. I hope it stays the way it was, i know i'm not changing. :) welcome Helena, enjoy the forum, lots a good people and funny folks here, especially the southern harley rider that torments us all... :) glad to hear your cute, dont need any funny lookin people here.. :)

21 - 40 of 49 Posts