RS Warrior Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
4,864 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
For November 2004 RSWarrior.com is giving away one set of Front Turn Signal Brackets provided by ikaikawarrior

/images/giveaway/200411_1.jpg

To be eligible for this giveaway you must be a supporter of rswarrior.com. For more information on being a site supporter please see here.http://www.rswarrior.com/donate

If you are a site supporter and wish to be entered in this giveaway please CLICK HERE.

The winner is chosen at random and will be announced in November 2004 via this site.

Good Luck,
CarKnee

·
Registered
626 Posts
Hey, that's awesome, Shane!! I already have mine, but I'd be in for a spare set[/emoticons/emotion-2.gif] Thanks for putting these on the giveaway!!!!!

·
Registered
5,818 Posts
I've already got my new and improved ones installed. They look awesome! I highly recommend the Kuryakyn 2361 3-wire Amber LEDs that act as a dual filament bulb. They are pictured with (IMHO) ugly a$$ covers but they come with a 2nd set that are WAY better looking. You can also order the visor covers which look SWEET!

http://www.phatperformanceparts.com/merchant2/merchant.mvc?Screen=PROD&Product_Code=2361

·
Registered
365 Posts
Had a question on this mod. Love the look of it but am curious if the added thickness of the flange affects the ability of the tree to tighten down enough on the tubes? Searched for previous posts but couldn't find anything.

·
Registered
5,818 Posts
I don't think thickness has been added he made the brackets out of stainless steal instead of Aluminum this time. They fit good, no problems with the trees.

·
Registered
365 Posts
But there isn't much of a gap to begin with. I guess it would work without jeopardizing the amount of torque neede to tighten down on the tubes if the thickness of the flange is less than the stock tree tree gap. My point is that if you insert something in that gap then the tree can't compress as far as it did before and therefore you may not have the proper torque holding the tube. The resulting minimum diameter of the tree tube sleeve is going to be more (bigger) than stock with something inserted in the gap. Hope I am explaining this properly. It may be fine but I would hate to have any forks with some looseness in that mounting point. If the bracket bolts in on the outside of the tube (i.e. - just under the bolt head) then there would not be an issue.

·
Super Moderator
8,496 Posts
quote:Originally posted by FriscoJim

Had a question on this mod. Love the look of it but am curious if the added thickness of the flange affects the ability of the tree to tighten down enough on the tubes? Searched for previous posts but couldn't find anything.

...and so you should be. I once stated this as well. I believe it's in the mod forum, sorry I can't remember the title.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts