RS Warrior Forum banner

221 - 230 of 230 Posts

·
Registered
1,597 Posts
If you're having troubles, it may actually be necessary to press Ctrl-F5 to see the updated images on the banner.

F5 refreshes the browser, same as opening the browser. It retrieves new content that changes frequently (discussion topics), but uses the cached content on your actual computer (banner photos, for example) for items that do not change often. The browser works this way to improve/decrease load times from the server somewhere in the NorthEast to my computer in Arizona.

Ctrl-F5, on the other hand, actually forces the browser to go out to the host server to retrieve all the html, images, stylesheets, etc. ignoring cached content already saved on your machine. It will take longer for the site to fully load, but you can be sure that you're looking at all the most recent content (and that's why it takes longer to load).

The other option, which will have the same result as pressing Ctrl-F5, is to manually clear the cache in your browser and then refresh the the webpage.

·
Administrator
27,734 Posts
Oops.

Today, I have to sign-in several times to stay signed-in. As soon as I click to go anywhere it goes to the sign-in screen with an error message 'not signed-in'. I discovered that I can 'refresh' the browser page then I see the normal pop-up alert for messages etc, and then I can see the new PM's. They don't appear unless I refresh the browser page. Pop-ups are correctly configured. Any ideas?

·
Premium Member
2,988 Posts
Oops.

Today, I have to sign-in several times to stay signed-in. As soon as I click to go anywhere it goes to the sign-in screen with an error message 'not signed-in'. I discovered that I can 'refresh' the browser page then I see the normal pop-up alert for messages etc, and then I can see the new PM's. They don't appear unless I refresh the browser page. Pop-ups are correctly configured. Any ideas?
Clear all cache & cookies, then try again:)

221 - 230 of 230 Posts