RS Warrior Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello all, I am close to purchasing a Warrior but need a little info first. I test rode a Warrior and loved the bike except for the comfort factor. I need to be able to sit upright. What is the best way to accomplish this? Yamaha offers the "Warrior bend" handlebars, do these have more pull-back than the stock 2003 Warrior bars? The other option appears to be The Yamaha bar risers that are a little longer than the stock ones along with the stock bars. I would like to use the stock length cables and wires. Any suggestions? Liquid silver is the one.

·
Registered
731 Posts
Hmmm...How tall are you? i have the barons radius bars and I am happy with them. I am 5'8". You say you want to sit up but you are questioning the pull back. So do you want to be more layed back or more like a regular cycle like a kz 1000 or something?

·
Registered
3,347 Posts
How about loosing the lower handlebars holders and rotate until satisfaction. You can cut from the sides a make it shorter. Always try anything before spending to much. Good Luck!

·
Registered
490 Posts
if your 6" and feal hunched over the bars are probaly to far forward i would just pull them down some and you would be fine for now, until you want to go with the double t's are radius bars.

·
Registered
4,835 Posts
I'm 6' and no matter how you adjust the stock bars, they won't be comfy. I ended up getting the flanders C6 cruiser bars, stock cables and wires will work, just have to reroute the clutch and brake lines. ended up getting +2" stainless though on everything makes it look real trick. the warrior bend bars would work for ya IF you can get them, were still on back order last i heard. I also have the mustang seat and legends forward controls, this makes a nice setup for those long roadtrips. some where on this forum there is a guy that used some harley risers and got alot more pullback with them looked similar to the double T's. do a search there is ton's of info on this subject. and it all comes down to your choice.

·
Registered
948 Posts
I'm 5'9" and have no problem with the stocker stuff. I did rotate my bars down toward me, I do that on every bike. I feel like I have more control that way. And I can sit up straight, slouch, lean forward, whatever.

·
Registered
1,191 Posts
Same thing here, I have my stockers set/rotated down to where I can slouch or lean foward with a straight back. 6'0" One thing I have noticed is stock seat is much more comfortable when leaning forward.

·
Registered
53 Posts
starwarrior installed the longer risers and different bars. the cables werent long enough so he figured out a way to rerout them. riding that bike you sit straight up. look at his page and you will see

·
Registered
1,751 Posts
Guys when leaning forward can you put your feet on the back pegs or are they up to high
I do this on my V-Star as its a good possition to take some weight off your but

The Wizard

·
Registered
275 Posts
I thought for sure I was going to have to get new handlebars, as I felt a little hunched over as well. And I'm 6'1". The combination of lowering the rear of bike and putting on the mustang vintage seat put the stock bars into the perfect position now, at least for me. Go figure. Of course, I'll still probably change them, for some reason...

·
Registered
1,109 Posts
I'm 5'11" and put on the stock Road Star bars. Still not quite where I want them, but much better than stock. All stock cable lengths work.
I think the seat you have could make a big difference too. I read somewhere here that the corbin dual touring seat moves you forward, and up. I'd like to hear from any one who has that.
Clyde

·
Registered
2,621 Posts
Clyde,

I have the Yamaha / Corbin Dual Touring seat with backrest (see my gallery photos), the seat definitely has lifted me up and forward to the point where the stock bars are no longer a problem for me at all (6'1", 33" inseam). I used to get some awful cramping in my hip with the stock seat when on long rides, ever since I switched to the DT seat, no more cramps. Very, very happy with the results overall. I'd be happy to answer any questions you might have, PM me.

·
Registered
4,354 Posts
I am 6'2 and have the Barons Rad bars and a Mustang seat. The riding position isn't that much different than the Stock bars. You can get some pull back risers and a flat bar that will put you in a better position. You will need to replace the Factory cables if you go that route

·
Premium Member
13,680 Posts
I'm 5'9". I put the double T bars on and it made a big difference. Not quite perfect, but close. The PCS kit helped as well. At an even 6' I imagine it would be right there for you. I don't notice much difference between the stock seat and the Corbin solo. And, yes, I do swap them out now n then. I prefer the long range comfort of the Corbin but the looks of the stock.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts