RS Warrior Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,837 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi guys,

Right now I have 2 teardrops installed on both sides of the bike...
However, I'm looking for a little kick by adding a skull on each drop. I plan to buy 2 of those Kuryakyn horn covers and install them on drops...

Do you know if there are some other skull alternatives? I saw the HD gas cap skull, it looks great but everyone will recognize it...

If you know any vendors who will sell those type of skulls for Warrior, please let me know.
Bucky865 might do something for me. I thought about the velocity stacks but I like better the skull look.

Plus, it has to match the bike on both sides... Thanks a lot for your suggestions.

·
Registered
653 Posts
I would talk to Bucky865, beforeI went looking for a vendor. I've seen his work close up, it doesn't get any better.

·
Registered
35 Posts
If you got plenty of money, check out www.skullmanonline.com . They have actual human sized skull breathers and other stuff. Last time I looked, they were running @ 650.00 - 750.00. I have a buddy that has one with red LEDs on a Big Dog and it really looks good.

·
Premium Member
1,837 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks for the link, Jacob.
I found this skull that looks different from others... $180 a pop. Any idea how is mounted?

From what they say, it is covering the horn...

I think it will replace pretty well the reflectors, on each side of the bike.

·
Registered
35 Posts
That is were the horn is located on Harley's, in between the jugs. In the picture it looks like one bolt on top and Im sure there is probably one on the back side. Did you see the breather skull that I was refering to. This one runs @ $630.00

·
Registered
35 Posts
Sorry, I missed were you said it was for the horn, I was thinking you were wanting a breather cover. I was thinking of getting one of these skull covers for my breather untill I saw the price tag. I think I can do more thing to my bike with $650 than and needless show piece for now.

·
Premium Member
1,837 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Right now, I have a teardrop on each side of the bike... both scoops are gone (PR BAK, AIS Off and Ferraci dry break).
That's why I wanted to go with the small skull, listed above. You are right, in the picture it looks like one bracket there at the top... not sure if it belongs to the skull or is a motor stay that happens to show as part of the skull because the picture angle. I will have to look at an actual HD engine or to call them and make sure the skull does not have the top bracket...

·
Registered
3,600 Posts
Those eyes in that last option you found would go really well with that great lookingonyx and indigo paint you have Teck unless out in the sun theyend up being really bright. I'm curious to see what you come up with, make sure to post pics.

·
Premium Member
1,837 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Ya, you are right Marco.

The blue eyes will look even better with this paint:

That's what I plan to do to my bike, color related. I will also have a switch to turn them ON, only when I want.

·
Registered
3,600 Posts
Oh man, I hadn't seen your plan for paint. That looks sweet Teck. Too bad you're not local so we can switch tins before you paint over the original. I like the black cherry pretty well but would rather the other if I had the choice.

·
Registered
325 Posts
What do you have for pipes in this pic?? I wanted to go with something similar on mine, but thinking about letting a buddychop my V&H Pro Shots. I'm scared. Might be better to sell or trade the Pro Shots and buy something similar to those pictured? I'm a poor SOB so just might let him do it.

·
Premium Member
1,837 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
dekkota said:
What do you have for pipes in this pic?
Samson Street Sweepers + Big City Thunder baffles. Best sound combination, IMO.
The best way is to zap on the left side of 2 Harley guys who still chat at the stop light when is green... they will jump, hehe.

Badazzzz pipes, I love them. Listen how they sound (not my bike).

·
Premium Member
1,837 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Some skull updates, guys. I spoke with Dan, the shop owner (719) 638-0644.
Because I bought 2 of those skulls, he gave me a deal ($160 each, instead of $180 + free shipping).

The skulls are hand crafted (base in aluminum) and covered with several layers of chrome. Because they are hand made (not machined), chances are that the skulls will not be 100% identical. The size will be the same but probably a face bone or a tooth will not be identical to the other skull part. I ordered the Blue eyes, so it will match my new paint.

Installation: Dan told me that there are no visible brackets or parts outside of the skull exterior:
(look at those badazz blue eyes)

It is very hard to say... but it looks like the bracket is part of the actual skull design. However, when you look at the standard skull design, you can clearly see that the bracket is not part of the skull:

The only way to be 100% sure is to see the actual product.

I will be able to manufacture some internal brackets that will fit perfectly the Warrior. My goal is to house inside one of the skulls the Tricky Air compressor and make more room under the seat. I will check with Tricky Billet if there is any pneumatics impact, due to the fact that the new air pipe will be longer... compared to the original.

Dan looked like a standup guy. He gave me straight answers, without pushing the sale (good job, I hate pushy sales persons).
He also did not hesitate to give me a better deal. The billing was done in 10 minutes (with Paypal) and another 10 minutes later on he called me to let me know that the order is scheduled to leave the New York warehouse today with UPS, as I requested.

I'm very pleased with my purchase, overall. One more piece metal to thinker with on my machine.

·
Registered
188 Posts
that is one [email protected] skull. i don't have that kind of coin for that but man would it look sweet. i'd like to replace the tach cowl with that and try to retrofit the tach in. looks like it was done on a 5 axis mill which would account for the cost.

·
Premium Member
1,837 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
A little update, guys. I got the skulls few days ago and they look amazing:

The top bracket it is actually there, part of the skull. At first I was upset but when I looked at how I will mount both skulls, I was really happy I had the brackets as part of the design. I will fabricate 2 custom brackets to attach them on each side of the bike. For those who don't follow my mod posts, I have both scoops removed from the bike. On the left side, it will be very easy because I have the motor mount exposed and I can use the available hole there. On the right side is a little tricky but I will guide myself with the Baron bracket used for the teardrop. You see the reflected blue light, into skull eyes? There are no plastic covers or anything that will fade over time. It is an actual hole, so you will see the motor parts through eyes. There are 2 LED lights at the top (inside) of the skull and they are bright at **** at night. Amazing effect, the bike will glow super nice while riding late...

The skull is approximately 6" L x 4" W x 1" H, close to Baron's teardrop size. Overall, the job quality and chrome is top notch. Keeping in mind that those skulls are hand crafted, the final product is extremely well done and to me well worth the $320 I spent for both of them. It might seem a lot of money but I plugged one of those babies on a battery, it was like the biker Christmas eve. I had a nice big grin on my face and kept on starring the skull for at least 30min LOL.

When everything is done, both skulls will be sitting at the exact same height/depth, on both sides so they will be perfectly simetric. You will have to be patient until this spring, when I get everything installed and put a nice blue fire paint on all tins.

·
Premium Member
5,858 Posts
excellent looking skulls - your soooo far down the mod road, i'm just outa site, but great to get the lowdown and loving the pics -how it feels when a pet projectlooks cool huh nothing like it - keep wretching teck

·
Registered
926 Posts
tomba said:
excellent looking skulls - your soooo far down the mod road, i'm just outa site, but great to get the lowdown and loving the pics -how it feels when a pet projectlooks cool huh nothing like it - keep wretching teck

+1 you have come a long way in a short time with the mods and the light up skull is cool.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts