RS Warrior Forum banner
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
OK its Time to do the Forks and triple tree bearings on My bike so I can get new tires and Ride this bad boy more than a few miles....
SO where can I get bushings for this 02??? The 04 and newer I could get RaceTech bushings SO Im thinkin KYB is IT if Anyone has the Correct part #s since Everything I've found is the 04 or newer 43mm and not 41mm forks....
I got all the other parts n pieces at the Local Yamaha Dealer lol

·
Registered
165 Posts
Subbed as I want to do mine. I have a lot of dumb questions about the job but I'll go do my research first before asking them all. ;)

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Fork slider bushings look like a rod bearing but only split on 1 end... Bein an old Yamaha Tech when these bikes were New Id like to stay with more of an OEM type manufacturer kind of deal... The only way I'd use All Balls is if its My Last Resort!!! I really prefer Yamaha parts followed by KYB or Racetech... Not tryin to be an ass or anything its just Ive found OEM parts or even OEM Suppliers parts are Superior!!! Im not tryin to do this job every yr or 2 lol

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Mjerney pretty sure 02/03 are 41mm & 04 to 09 or the last yr they made them are 43mm... I kind of explained that in the opening part of this post...
Hefty - Theyre in there some just stay put where they belong and others pull out with the other parts n pcs...
And Thanks for all the other input so far :) I believe This Forum can Getter Done on any issue Warrior Related!!!

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Orient Express has all years of the Slider Bushings & Im about ready to Take on this Rebuild and other odds & ends since the times come for New Tires!!!

·
[Retired Admin-SuperMod]
30,569 Posts
Yep Orient Express is the sole North American distributor for Ktech. I realize Kayaba (KYB) is a separate company. The Ktech stuff seems to perform pretty good but I don't know if it lasts as long since it's performance engineered not necessarily durability engineered. Do you have heavy Cruiser experience with Ktech, does it last for years and years like stock?

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Arizona All 3 are the Same company and OEM providers in Japan :) I called My Buddy in South Texas thats a Way Better Tech than Myself and he confirmed what I found out searching and so did the old Parts Manager lol I won't Skimp on stuff and Wanted 100% Yamaha parts but atleast I still got 100% OEM regardless of whether its in a Yamaha package or not :)
I've used Ktech on Lots of Dirt Bikes , Crotch Rockets & Cruisers before I dug This Deep to find theyre the same as what came originally:)

·
[Retired Admin-SuperMod]
30,569 Posts
Oh, that made me go look again. I know Ktech is a division of orient express. But neither are part of KYB. So you must be saying that Ktech builds all the seals etc for KYB Japan? Wild stuff. That might help explain why KYB doesn't make it easy to find repair parts. I always assumed KYB had many suppliers. Who knew.

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
LoL I swear the one I read said Ktech made by KYB / NOK lol these days who knows though but I've used Lots regardless and pretty sure all those are OEM Japanese products

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
ArizonaWarrior Yeah because most of these bikes are gonna start needing the Forks rebuilt at that 50k mark or in tougher environments like Texas or Oklahoma maybe even sooner!!! And Im always a Factory OEM parts guy vs Aftermarket!!! Unless its Duramax Steering & Suspension but thats a Whole Nother Discussion LoL

1 - 20 of 20 Posts