RS Warrior Forum banner

1 - 20 of 50 Posts

·
Registered
128 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was thinking about getting a slip on muffler for my 08' Warrior. Does anybody have a good recommendation? I'm looking for something louder than stock, but not as loud as straight pipe. Any help would be great.

·
Vendor
7,301 Posts
I have a Dale Walker Holeshot slipon. Its almost as quiet as stock when idling but comes to life when you get on it.

The Roadhouse I think has a better tone (Deeper) but it still is a bit bulky and cone shaped.

Theres the D&D slipon thats been discontinued. Some say it sounds like a small block v8. I couldnt get mine to seal to the header correctly so I never got to really find out for myself. One of these days Ill pound it round again and use some sealant.

There is the Barons Sport Nasty. I like the looks of this one alot. Never heard one in person. Looks alot like the Dale Walker. If I found this one first, I would have bought this one instead of the Hoelshot. I heard this one is a bit louder.

And finally there is the Bub Slash cut. Never heard one in person. I dont like the bend and the megaphone style.

If there are any more out there, I dont know about it.

·
Registered
3,922 Posts
theres also the cobra slip on that mimics the bub slash cut cept the slash is angled out instead of down, i personally like the look of the bub over the cobra but both are the best looking slip ons imo :cool:

·
Registered
168 Posts
I was thinking about getting a slip on muffler for my 08' Warrior. Does anybody have a good recommendation? I'm looking for something louder than stock, but not as loud as straight pipe. Any help would be great.
I had the BUB Slash-cut slip-on for a few years. It was loud and sounded good at idle and while riding. The only complaint, if there was any, was that when I rolled of throttle I heard a tinny rattle. Loved it otherwise. I switched over to the black Roadhouse last weekend, and I love it. Deep idle, acceleration, rolling off, and is sexy as ****. Take a look.

Attachments

·
Registered
168 Posts
There IS a sound clip on YouTube of the Sport Nasy. I used the 'Tube to make my decision. Just about all the pipes have a sound bite, just dont be too specific in your search. Try 'Road Star exhuast' for a search query.

·
Registered
128 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thanks for the help everybody! I like the Holeshot and Roadhouse sound, but I can't find any place online that sells them. Anybody know of a place? Thanks again everone. Ride safe!

·
Premium Member
4,742 Posts
Harry
I have both the Road house and the Cobra slip-on. I actually have a youtube sound bite of the roadhouse YouTube - 2008 Warrior Roadhouse Slip-on exhaust.
I think Roadhouse just went out of business.

I bought the Roadhouse off a fellow member here in SoCal. Bad thing, The roadhouse end cap screws are too small and I had to grind them off, re-drill and tap the holes and add 4 more allen head cap screws for a total of 8. No big deal, but, it had to be done.

I also bought the Cobra off a 4m member, I like the looks of it. Plus it gives a little bit more clearance for my saddleman luggage.

G

·
Premium Member
7,722 Posts
I did the stock exhaust modification found on the forum and it gave a lot more sound and reduced some of the popping. I am very happy with the results as i like the look of the stock water heater. check this out

http://www.rswarrior.com/forums/14-installed-warrior-modifications-accessories/112520-low-buck-stock-exhaust-mod.html

·
Registered
4,955 Posts
Several years ago I bought the Roadhouse through www.cruisercustomizing.com
How did you like it? I had the Bub since '06, then got the Roadhouse on 2 wks ago. Love the sound, and though a little heavy, it's still much lighter than the stock can.

Love it always have . It is a really great sounding pipe for the Warrior ... One of the best !!

It is on my wife's Warrior now and she likes it a lot !
Here's a pic and more at this link :http://www.rswarrior.com/forums/10-warrior-pics-vids/165405-my-new-paint.html

·
Registered
168 Posts

Attachments

·
Registered
142 Posts
I have a Midnight (Black) Roadhouse slip on... brand new packing and a brand new end cap, sitting on the shelf. PM me or email CPGORDI at Yahoo dot Com if you are interested.

·
Registered
3,343 Posts
See if you can get the can part of a speedstar system. Should be a direct slip on with the stock header. Won't get all the performance, but you will get some sound when you want it. Full exhaust sounds great and not like many other bikes.

·
Registered
1,985 Posts
1 - 20 of 50 Posts