RS Warrior Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
1,515 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Last couple of days the site has been very slow spooling up. Is it just me/my computer or has it been slow ?

·
Registered
4,864 Posts
I haven't noticed it... if many people are having the issue I will reboot the sever, it has been running over a month now without a reboot.

·
Registered
1,515 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Ijust went threw about (7) of my sites and they popped up quick. It took (17) seconds from the time I hit Active topics till they came on and most of that time was spent looking at a dark screen. It has been slow for me , I can't and will not speek for anyone else, unless tortured of course and then any secrets and promises to keep those secrets ,that I have made to anyone, is null and void.

·
Registered
8,223 Posts
This should speed things up:

Go online.

On the top title bar select "tools"
Select "internet options"
Under the tab "general" locate temporary internet files, select "delete files"
In the pane that appears select "delete all offline content"
Select "OK".

·
Registered
22,677 Posts
It may just be because I have a slow, old, pos 'puter, but the new site has been much slower for me since it came on. The pages take a little longer to load, but it's not just loading the pages. It slows everything down that's going on in an internet browser window. I'm not the fastest typist in the world, but if I get going, I can get 6 or 7 words ahead of what it's putting in this window right now.

Do I need to change some settings on my computer? Or should I just take this old pII 350 to the garbage and get a new one?

1 - 10 of 10 Posts