RS Warrior Forum banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
756 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I don't have any idea what it costs to have this site...but even if it's $1 a month...it's a rip-off!

More times than NOT...it takes 5 - 6 or 7 minutes for each page to load. Today...i've read 2 threads from 3 diff sections...and it only took me an hour and 15 min.!

I realize i'm still using the old antique modem...seeins how i'm out in the boonies and the faster services are not available...but this is gettin old.

This is the only site that runs this slow for me. EVERY other site i use is fine.

Just thought i'd give my opinion...for whatever that's worth!

·
Registered
639 Posts
It's still FREEEEEEEE!

Come on guys, lighten up. I'm grateful, very grateful, that is site is even running. If you'd like to see improvements, then how about making some positive suggestions. Bill, I know you're a regular and a very positive contributor to this web site and I like many of your ideas. If you know some way to speed up this site, I'm confident the webmaster would be willing to listen.

Just my two cents.

Gary

·
Registered
4,864 Posts
Yea, still slow....

It is still the very begining of a work day on the east coast, give me some time.

CarKnee

·
Registered
42 Posts
Speed for me is no different from any other site I visit. Of course, I do have a T1 connection, which makes the point that the speed of Internet service is a function of the user's hardware as much as anything else. Upgrade to something faster!

I also agree that this is a great site where Warriors can benefit from each other's experiences and help each other.. Keep up the good work!

·
Registered
47 Posts
This site is great and Free, hope it continues the same...

and yes, sometimes it gets slow, i think the one who use modem have more problems
with speed.

Im via cable modem, i live in other country and speed is ok (some times it gets slow
but i think its a problem with my ISP )

Thanks to all the people that makes this site great with all the ideas, mods, etc...

·
Registered
756 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Come on guys...

I wasn't putting down the rswarrior.com site!

I was commenting on the host servers and whoever operates and maintains them!

AND NO...i have no suggestions about improvements because i don't know anything about how servers operate...other than the ones that host this site...NOT MEANING Carknee..are very slow more times than not!

This is undoubtedly the best warrior site there is...so that's NOT what i'm bitching about!!!

·
Premium Member
16,372 Posts
Ah, Bill. Don't fret my friend! I have an on going complaint form in with Carknee's Internet Provider or Host or Whoever is responsible for this slow, dragging site. It gets real frustrating when a moderator can't even moderate, or when one can't even browse around. The turtle pace kills me!

·
Registered
1,089 Posts
It has slowed considerably in the last few days....sometimes just going back to a page previously loaded takes a while. I have also gotten
"network busy" prompts?!!! This is with a cable modem.

·
Super Moderator
8,496 Posts
reminds me of 6 weeks aog? slower than molasses going uphil in the middle of december in new hampshire or vt. or me. or ma. or ny....

·
Registered
1,089 Posts
Site was fast for a while... now slow or no page loads.... and "network busy" prompts with other error messages..... something has changed.[V]

·
Super Moderator
13,703 Posts
The internet has always been an unstable environment, affected by many uncontrollable variables. It frustrates me, as well, but hang in their I'm sure whatever is slowing us down will be resolved shortly.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts