RS Warrior Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
178 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've got two small BB size dents on the top of my tank, andwas wondering if anyone's had any luck with something like that? I've tried getting to it with a piece of steel bent to the shape that should work, but it won't get past the neck of the tank. I've also tried heating the area with a hair dryer and then cooling with Co2, but I think the dents are too small for that to work.

·
Registered
3,821 Posts
Try working them with a little dry ice. If they have 'creased' edges it won't work though. Try leaving the bike out in the sun for a while too before you use the dry ice.

·
Administrator
29,669 Posts
That sux. Maybe put two matching bb sized dents in a symmetrical spot on the tank. Or have it repainted by one of those guys who paints clothes and art on nude women so its hard to see the goodies. Then the bb dents would be part of the art!

OK I'll shut up.

StangWarrior said:
I've got two small BB size dents on the top of my tank, andwas wondering if anyone's had any luck with something like that? I've tried getting to it with a piece of steel bent to the shape that should work, but it won't get past the neck of the tank. I've also tried heating the area with a hair dryer and then cooling with Co2, but I think the dents are too small for that to work.

·
Registered
178 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Arizona Warrior said:
That sux. Maybe put two matching bb sized dents in a symmetrical spot on the tank. Or have it repainted by one of those guys who paints clothes and art on nude women so its hard to see the goodies. Then the bb dents would be part of the art!

OK I'll shut up.

StangWarrior said:

I would do that but the capacity of these tanks is small enough as it is, I wouldn't wantto make it less by adding more dents.

·
Registered
178 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
southboundchicken said:
+1 you might also try one of those dent removal guys that work thru car dealers. i have seen them do some amazing work

Thanks, I'll try the dry ice first and if that doesn't work I'll look for a paintless dent removal shop.

·
Registered
178 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
fcwarrior said:
Try working them with a little dry ice. If they have 'creased' edges it won't work though. Try leaving the bike out in the sun for a while too before you use the dry ice.

Thanks, I'll give it a try.

·
Registered
1,097 Posts
I had a dent on the side of my tank and bigger than a BB and I tried everything to get it out. At the end, I gave a guy $50 to pull it out with a tac welder. Little bondo to smooth it out and some fresh paint and you cant see any of it now. With how much time I spent trying to pull it out, I wish I would have just forked over the $50 bux from the start. its nice to be able to do it on your own, but sometimes it is more worth it to have some1 do it for you.

·
Registered
178 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
dualxhst289 said:
I had a dent on the side of my tank and bigger than a BB and I tried everything to get it out. At the end, I gave a guy $50 to pull it out with a tac welder. Little bondo to smooth it out and some fresh paint and you cant see any of it now. With how much time I spent trying to pull it out, I wish I would have just forked over the $50 bux from the start. its nice to be able to do it on your own, but sometimes it is more worth it to have some1 do it for you.

Thanks but I'm trying to avoid repainting at this point.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts