RS Warrior Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
83 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Alright I did a little searching but don't have much time this evening it's after 10 and I have to be up for work at 4am. So I just got my Christmas present V-bak kit from Church. Oh Church thanks for working with my friend and sending the V-bak out for me. I plan on installing this weekend and do not have a PCIII as of yet. I know the decision on what to adjust the ECU to is up to you and the way your bike runs but like I said in the Subject line I smell unburned gas from time to time like when I sit at a stop light for an extened time and then get on it when I pull off. Would this mean that I might need to tone down the fuel or what? Sorry I didn't search longer but I need to get my backside in bed. Thanks for the replys that I'm sure I'll get.

Zach

·
Registered
2,602 Posts
I'm by no means an expert in combustible engines, but I do know that even modern cars if sitting idle can smell somewhat rich if you go sniffing in the back. As for the Warrior, while there is a warm-up enrichment period (service manual pp 1-18 thru 1-25), there is no extra fuel that is dumped during prolonged periods of idle. Even with a custom map and a "perfect" A/F ratio, my bike still smells rich, just sitting around thumping up and down.

As for the ECU adjust and the VBAK, I would initially go with Woody's recommendation for your setup, and then go from there by adjusting for how the bike feels while riding and checking the plugs. Ultimately a PCIII comes in handy, nit just for the increased HP and TQ that could be dialed in, but the ability to improve drivability and the smoothness of the throttle response.

·
Registered
156 Posts
$10 - $12K motorcycle (new), $220 vbak... Spend the $500 for a PCIII and dyno tune. Do it right or stay stock. My two cents- as unpopular as that may be... I just don't think that is where you save a couple hundre bucks.

Penny wise- pound foolish.

·
Registered
5,034 Posts
I've been riding a Warrior since the spring of 02 and I've spent a lot of time in stock form, then with the ECU bumped and then with the PC111. My bike has always smelled rich off idle, especially when the engines not quite warmed up. I don't think it's anything to get excited about. Check your plugs after a good run and work from there. Personally I thought mine ran great with just the ECU bump. I run a PC111 now but I've changed pistons, cams and intake. I don't think it's necessary until you go inside the engine. Just my ever so humble opinion.

·
Registered
83 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Mredhawk, It's not that I don't want to spend the $500 on the PCIII and the map but I have to work my way through my mods slowly due to having to save my money to afford each mod. It's not everyday that someone buys me expensive stuff for my bike.

·
Registered
156 Posts
Not speaking about you specifically. Just confused when people spend $1000+ on upgrades and performance mods and then run them through an ECU bump indefinately. I should just keep my opinions to myself but I am not very bright.

BTW- very jealous of your xmas present. I haven't figured out how to get something that cool for xmas.

I have woody's vbak and am really fond of it. He makes and supports a great product and I love that I could getwhat I wantedand support a member at the same time.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts