RS Warrior Forum banner
41 - 60 of 75 Posts

·
Super Moderator
'05 Midnight
3,518 Posts
Then you should be good for COD. I don’t have experience with this fix but everything says you should be.
Off to the next task as instructed by those with more knowledge than I.

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter · #42 ·
Then you should be good for COD. I don’t have experience with this fix but everything says you should be.
Off to the next task as instructed by those with more knowledge than I.
Thanks mate. I just checked the starter relay. Definitely felt a click when trying to start the bike. Still doesn't start. I think the battery is completely ******. Possibly may have fried the new battery because COD wasn't addressed properly. Ill leave it on charge over night and see what happens in the morning.

I did have the battery on charge for the last hour. I noticed it would spark when I tapped the NEG connection with the 12v prong. So it did have some charge in it, maybe just not enough

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter · #44 ·
So update. CoD is fixed, I've checked the battery with a volt meter. 12.45v. Battery is fine.
Starter relay is all good. Bike still won't start. I'm lost now. Is something fried lol.
So I push start button. All I get is one click. Which is the starter relay. You can hear and feel it.
Engine light flicks once with each push of the ignition button.

Got no odea what it is now

·
[Retired Admin-SuperMod]
31,876 Posts
Turn the key on, hit start, notice any codes in the gauge, use HANDLEBAR switch to turn off. Again notice any codes in the gauge. Then key-off. Post observations here.

E-manual pages in case helpful:
1-31
6-1
6-4
6-5
6-6
6-7 (No. 12, 19, 30, 41, 50)
6-8 (same No's as above)
6-9 to 6-36 begins troubleshooting info (READ ALL) it covers exact info for finding the trouble.

·
Super Moderator
'05 Midnight
3,518 Posts
Check your voltage on the battery when you hit the start button. It might look fine with no load but as soon as you pull current to start, if it’s ok, it won’t dip that much. If it’s toast, it should drop drastically.

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter · #47 ·
Turn the key on, hit start, notice any codes in the gauge, use HANDLEBAR switch to turn off. Again notice any codes in the gauge. Then key-off. Post observations here.

E-manual pages in case helpful:
1-31
6-1
6-4
6-5
6-6
6-7 (No. 12, 19, 30, 41, 50)
6-8 (same No's as above)
6-9 to 6-36 begins troubleshooting info (READ ALL) it covers exact info for finding the trouble.
Nope no codes at any stage

·
[Retired Admin-SuperMod]
31,876 Posts
Other than accounting for unknown modification or repair, the most common thing remaining is insufficient battery reserve as Random posted. Be sure the battery meets the Warrior specifications as in the e-manual (and littered around this joint for decades lol). Also remember to service both ends of both cables.

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter · #50 ·
So update.

After last discussion. Battery meets requirements.
Battery reads anywhere from 12.5-12.88 volts. And under load only dips slightly for a second.

So I decided to check if it was the starter relay.
As in previous posts, fuel pump wasn't even priming when I turned ignition on.
I connected my 12v charger to the starter relay connections. Turned the key, dash lights come on, fuel pump primed.
So I figured, well relay must be stuffed.
Ordered a new one.
I've replaced old with new, tested Battery again, that's fine.
Turn key, dash lights up, fuel pump primed, hit the start button. And still just getting that single click. Nothing! Doesn't even try to roll over.
Im stumped.

Battery is good
COD is fixed
New starter relay

Still getting same issue

·
Premium Member
'04' Warrior - Super Fine Metallic Black
9,237 Posts
@Bigdog89 ... Late to the Game on this one :) .. as suggested by @Heftysmurf you'll want to use the OEM Yamaha component ONLY for the Warrior Starter Relay.
  • Suggest the following Warrior Starter Test:
    • Ignition Key-Off & Transmission in Neutral.
      • Using a #6-#4 awg wire or Jumper cable connect Starter & Battery Terminals momentarily to see if the Starter is functioning.

·
Premium Member
9,237 Posts
@Bigdog89 ... You'll want to keep in mind that a Tripped Engine Cut-Off Switch will prevent the FI Pump from priming the fuel manifold ;)

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter · #54 ·
Is the starter relay an OEM factory piece? I know they ain't cheap
No it's after market. Wasn't any OEM available at the time. Was a decent wait time. The starter relay is fine and in working order.
From what I've been told. Is there's a short somewhere, thag keeps shorting it. But I got no idea where to look. It just came out of nowhere. Bike was running perfectly before hand

·
Premium Member
9,237 Posts
So I need to open up the control housing and have a look at cut off switch connections ?
Nope! Just stating a fact, FYI, that if you had the Engine Cut-Off Switch Accidentally Tripped you would be misdiagnosing that the FI pump wasn't operating properly etc.

·
Premium Member
9,237 Posts
@Bigdog89 ... so now with your new aftermarket Starter Relay the motor turns over when you depress the Start Push Button?

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter · #59 ·
@Bigdog89 ... so now with your new aftermarket Starter Relay the motor turns over when you depress the Start Push Button?
Nope doesn't tick over at all. I've tryed 2 new starter relays. The bike previously had an aftermarket relay in, and was starting with zero issues.

I turn the key, dash lights up etc... I flick the kill switch, then push the start button. All I get is a single click. And nothing else.

·
Premium Member
9,237 Posts
@Bigdog89 .. Does the stater motor operate if you Jump Out the Terminal as suggested Here: #52
Does your Starter Relays have the Copper Buss Conductor on the Battery Positive Cable as shown below?

41 - 60 of 75 Posts