RS Warrior Forum banner
61 - 75 of 75 Posts

·
Premium Member
'04' Warrior - Super Fine Metallic Black
9,232 Posts
Nope doesn't tick over at all. I've tryed 2 new starter relays. The bike previously had an aftermarket relay in, and was starting with zero issues.

I turn the key, dash lights up etc... I flick the kill switch, then push the start button. All I get is a single click. And nothing else.
Does FI Pump come on momentarily?

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter · #62 ·
@Bigdog89 .. Does the stater motor operate if you Jump Out the Terminal as suggested Here: #52
Does your Starter Relays have the Copper Buss Conductor on the Battery Positive Cable as shown below?
Yep looks just like that one.
So when I turn key on as normal, and kill switch is off, fuel pump doesn't prime, but lights come on dash etc. Go to start the bike, it clicks once. And then nothing.

Now if I jump from the relay terminals, and then turn bike on, fuel pump primes straight away, but when I go to start bike, still get that once click. And then nothing.

When this happend, I replaced the relay with a new one. Same thing still happens.

I think I'm going to have to pull the starter motor cable right out and check it for any faults. It seems power just isn't getting to it

·
Premium Member
9,232 Posts
Yep looks just like that one.
So when I turn key on as normal, and kill switch is off, fuel pump doesn't prime, but lights come on dash etc. Go to start the bike, it clicks once. And then nothing.

Now if I jump from the relay terminals, and then turn bike on, fuel pump primes straight away, but when I go to start bike, still get that once click. And then nothing.

When this happend, I replaced the relay with a new one. Same thing still happens.

I think I'm going to have to pull the starter motor cable right out and check it for any faults. It seems power just isn't getting to it
Please Explain in Detail How/What you are Jumping. I don't understand your procedure
You haven't answered my question :( #52 << Does the Starter Operate when you Jumper the Heavy Terminals?

·
Premium Member
9,232 Posts
Only came on when I first put the new starter relay in. And tryed for the first time. Now every other attempt to start the bike it doesn't.
The FI pump is Fused FWIW!
I'm going to bow out of this one as you're not responding to my questions.
gl

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter · #67 ·
Here's a couple videos on what's happening. I've got new battery in, a new starter relay in. There's now no clicking near the battery or the starter relay. It's now coming from the engine.
There was a nice in the NEG wire. I've fixed that now

·
[Retired Admin-SuperMod]
31,868 Posts
You can host your video (like YouTube or other) and post a link here.

From exactly where on motor is the clicking coming?
Ref: "There's now no clicking near the battery or the starter relay. It's now coming from the engine."

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter · #74 ·
So ive found the issue. Faulty starter motor. Battery, relay, decomp solenoid all check out.

Now to just try find a starter motor. All after market ones are sold out.
And yamaha are trying to charge over $1000 for one. **** that!

·
Premium Member
5,651 Posts
A cheaper but used option.

61 - 75 of 75 Posts