RS Warrior Forum banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
166 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hi warrior family, would anyone know of a supplier i could get in contact with to aquire a std drive belt/ or has a spare i could purchase? and heff would you be so kind to help me install it again::) you could probably come pick ur carving up aswell at same time hehe! cheers,,,

·
Registered
166 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
WOW!! thank you so much Heff for your help on installing my drive belt onto my beasty, am most appreciated!! Truely a Warrior! thanks again bro!

·
Registered
1,772 Posts
So does this mean you have a belt now?
I was just about to go through the shed and check what I have as I know have about 3 belts of different sizes.
Guess I won't bother now.

·
Registered
166 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
So does this mean you have a belt now?
I was just about to go through the shed and check what I have as I know have about 3 belts of different sizes.
Guess I won't bother now.
nah you keep looking, Im pretty sure i can snap this one!! hahaha,,,:rolleyes:

·
Registered
5,211 Posts
I'm amazed with my riding habits and a built motor that I'm still running my original 2002 stock belt. Must be 1 in a million!

Sent from Motorcycle.com Free App

·
Premium Member
2,581 Posts

·
Registered
1,307 Posts
Something is wrong if you are snapping belts, sure you are not putting them on too tight? Good to see Heff helped you get her back on the road, not an easy job, true brotherhood.

·
Registered
1,772 Posts
Something is wrong if you are snapping belts, sure you are not putting them on too tight? Good to see Heff helped you get her back on the road, not an easy job, true brotherhood.
The thing that is wrong is the pathetic roads in QLD. The are poorly made to start with and as such they are constantly being patched up. Unfortunately the patch jobs often use small blue metal stones which stick to a hot warrior tyre and get flicked up inside the guard and somehow make their way into the belt area where they invariably get stuck between the belt and pulley which then puts a small hole into the belt which then reduces the integrity of the belt.
Therefore when you're at the lights and try to drag off the missus on her V-Star the belt will choose that most embarrassing moment to break giving the wife years of laughter because she dragged you off.

·
Administrator
27,731 Posts
From the few pics Hemi has posted in threads, it appears his Warrior has an upper but no lower belt guard, and if that is the case then its an open invitation to debris and resulting damage so snapped belts in that particular environment seems less surprising. With a lower belt guard even the pathetic roads and blue rocks Spokes posted about would be far less intrusive. If there is a lower guard installed and the tension/alignment are correct then those roads must be far worse than anything RDV encountered including the gravel and mud all over his Warrior last year. Ouch. Fix them roadz!

·
Registered
5,211 Posts
You obviously ride like a pussie LOL. Nah some guys have had huge miles and others no luck at all.

Heff
Sounds more like improper adjustment ... Yes! I ride like a pusssie... Silky smooth!

Sent from Motorcycle.com Free App

·
Registered
1,307 Posts
"If there is a lower guard installed and the tension/alignment are correct"
I think Arizona has hit the nail on the head, ROCKS

·
Premium Member
3,379 Posts
No there seemed to be no real damage from a rock or stone, I think the main issue was the belt tension maybe and the front pulley nut was loose. D'Tarts pulley was the same when hers snapped. He stopped at the lights and when he took off it snapped almost from stand still. We have installed the SS gates carbon fibre belt so should be much better. Lower belt guard would be good though.

Heff

·
Registered
187 Posts
Any tips on replacing the belt or can someone point me in the direction of a solid thread covering it? I just ordered mine and have never replaced one before thanks for any help!

·
Registered
1,501 Posts
Any tips on replacing the belt or can someone point me in the direction of a solid thread covering it? I just ordered mine and have never replaced one before thanks for any help!
Broke belt first post welcome to the forum! We’d love to see pics and hear about your experience and ask away if you have any trouble doing it I still have yet to do it myself! Start a new thread you’ll be the belt master afterwards.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts