RS Warrior Forum banner

so big shots really can scrape the pavement

1K views 24 replies 18 participants last post by  jrd 
#1 ·
I am kind of relieved that I didnt go down this weekend but after a long hard ride on sunday I was on my way home and some guy on a RC-51 wanted to play. So on the back roads we went fast and hit a lot of hard curves that I have ridden many times. After a long stretch I was blown away by the RC-51 top speed and I wanted the lead back, and very foolishly blasted past him in a tight right turn and wham, the feeler hit and broke off, then my mini boards hit, then the foot peg bracket started grinding, then my exhaust pipes hit the ground. Now I have huge scrapes all along the bottom of my big shots, from just behind the foot peg bracket and about 10 inches back. The bike didnt even wobble, it just hung in there. I am a little disapointed that they hit b/c I was told that they would not. Well this might be an extreme example but I learned that the pipes do hit And I also learned never to do that again.
Ride Safe.
John

#5 ·
Wow, that was close. Look at the bright side though, you now have confirmed that a ton of other crap will hit before the BigShots. In the future, you'll know when to back off. What really sucks is a pipe that hits before anything else in tight right sweepers, at least that is not the case....

BTW, I've always wondered which would scrape first under the same situation, the Propipe or the Big Shots....

#13 ·
Timmymorg, No my bike is the stock height. The only thing that I have done to the factory set up was tighten the adjustments on the forks by one and a half "clicks" or "adjustment marks". I am 5' 10" and 170 lbs. The bike barley squats when I am sitting on it.

#14 ·
Rule of thum there is now way to beat a rc51 my roomate has one and I ride that also the thing is a animal. Speed is not a problem infact he can be up to 150 before I hit 3rd gear and dip into a turn at 3 times the speed I can. The only problem is that after a 1/2 hour you are tired and your arms hurt on the rc51. So I will out last him any day. Infact he is thinking of selling it after riding my bike and getting a roadstar.

Look athe the bright side you only need to replace one heat shield. and a bunch of other stuff dragged first. If you kept on going I'm sure you might of hit that huge air box. Could of been worse you could of had rhinharts.

#22 ·
The road didnt have an inside lean. It was a clean right hander, I just got a little carried away. As for knee draggin' I have been riding sport bikes for the last 8 or so years and when the adrenilin is pumpin it is easy to forget what your riding, especially on a Warrior.
All of the RC-51 guys the RC is by far a better handling bike and it is faster, I was just more of an agressive rider than that guy was.

#23 ·
I'm wondering if any of you guys have had problems with your aftermarket pipes scraping pavement in a less extreme situation than JRD. I'm considering the Bigshots or the staggered chambermaids but I don't want to drag the pipes everytime I turn. As fun as the Warrior is to toss into a corner, I don't plan on chasing any RC-51s so let me know what you guys think.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.