RS Warrior Forum banner

1 - 20 of 63 Posts

·
Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just to start off, this is my first post on here. I have been lurking for awhile but I just picked up a 05 Midnight Warrior on 01/02/07.

Well I my girlfriend drives me to the Harley dealer in Fort Lauderdale, FL to pick up my warrior. Luckily I decided to bring all my sport bike gear to ride my bike home with! (I also have a 06 Kawai Z1000)
Well she is following behind me in her 2002 Mustang on 95 heading north to West Palm Beach, and I'm just enjoying my new Warrior. I'm in the second to the right most lane, when all of a sudden (this is from my girlfriends account)This large Black dual cab Pick-up truck comes from my left blindside and just takes me out!! I was just cruising at about 75mph then BAM!! The next thing I know I'm on my back looking up at some stranger, asking me if I know what my name is!!

I'm laying in the middle of 95 north and the paramedics are assessing what's wrong with me. There was a million witnesses but no one got the License plate # of the truck. I had no idea what happened to my new bike!? and I had no idea what was wrong with me?

Everyone at the seen couldn't beleive what had happend and couldn't beleive that i was alive! The paramedics just kept telling me that it was a good thing that I was wearing my gear!

The damage to me is: Broken spatula, two cracked ribs, and some very minor road rash. The gear I was wearing: Shoei RF-1000 full face helmet, Textile mesh jacket with CE certified race armor, full fingered leather gloves, jeans, and Doc Martin Boots.

The damage to my bike is only cosmetic/emoticons/emotion-1.gif It went down on it's left side and just needs things like the handle bars, seat, ect replaced! I talked to the insurance adjuster and I asked him if I could replace those parts that needed to be replaced with after market ones and he had no problem with that[/emoticons/emotion-1.gif]

Well I only got to ride the bike for about 20 minutes, I can't wait to ride more! But I have to heal up first myself and I will probably spending alot of time on here the next month or so, until my bones heal, I just wanted to say HELLO and I love the Warrior.

Thanks,

Mike

·
Registered
37 Posts
Rough way to start off the bike /emoticons/emotion-11.gif Does your insurance company replace your helmet? I ride in similar gear, joe rocket textile and arai fullface. It is amazing how well the textile protects.

·
Registered
254 Posts
I never like to hear stories like that but there seems to be no end to them. You'll find a heap of support from the members of this site and with your positive mindset you will be healed in no time and back in the saddle.

P.S. I'm no doctor but, I think a broken spatula belongs in the kitchen [/emoticons/emotion-2.gif]. Could it be a broken scapula?

·
Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
quote:Originally posted by ozwarrior

I never like to hear stories like that but there seems to be no end to them. You'll find a heap of support from the members of this site and with your positive mindset you will be healed in no time and back in the saddle.

P.S. I'm no doctor but, I think a broken spatula belongs in the kitchen [/emoticons/emotion-2.gif]. Could it be a broken scapula?

Yeah, I knew one day I would go down, but I definetly didn't think it would be on my brand new cruiser on the way home from the dealer!
I'm not mad or bitter, it is just comes with riding/emoticons/emotion-1.gif?
It's just a freak accident, I am VERY cautious, always checking everything around me slowing when I come to intersections staying out of cagers blind spots, etc, and I get nailed by this![/emoticons/emotion-1.gif]But hey, it just shows you what some good gear will protect you from at 75mph[/emoticons/emotion-1.gif]

And you are right, it's Scapula, not spatula[^]

·
Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
quote:Originally posted by imprezars

Rough way to start off the bike /emoticons/emotion-11.gif Does your insurance company replace your helmet? I ride in similar gear, joe rocket textile and arai fullface. It is amazing how well the textile protects.

I don't know if the insurance will cover the helmet? Thanks for letting me know! I will ask my insurance agent Monday. and yes the Textile jacket held up great!!

·
Registered
319 Posts
Glad to hear you survived. That is one scary story and to think I see guys ridin around barefoot, shorts, t-shirt, beanie cap, and they think the're cool! Welcome to the 4M, the hard way. [|)]

·
Registered
240 Posts
Welcome to the 4M. Sorry to hear that it was the hard way! Heal well and Fast. Glad that you wore your gear. 3 of my 4 brothers have had serious crashes but are still riding because they wore their gear. The Bike will just be what you wanted it to be a whole lot quicker now. Let the Mods begin!

·
Registered
470 Posts
Glad to hear you had your gear on, and that you will be ok. I also welcome you to the 4M the hard way.

·
Premium Member
3,725 Posts
That's the worst excuse to start modding your bike i've ever heard![/emoticons/emotion-2.gif]

Seriously though, you should definatly replace your helmet via the insurance. In my job I deal with replacement of crashed bike gear all the time and In 99% of cases (unless we are talking very lightest of cosmetic damage) it is expected that you will replace the helmet. It is a disposable item - no matter how much it cost. Always insist on a replacement - 'cos next time you might not be so lucky!

Did you get any pics?
Oh... and by the way, welcome to the forum...glad you made it![8D]

·
Registered
130 Posts
Well you win I guess!? I owned my Vmax for an hour before I got slammed! 20 min has got to be some kind of record or something.
Welcome and thank God for good riding gear!

·
Registered
10,143 Posts
Good testament to wearing good gear. I'm glad to hear you're not hurt any worse than you are. If you're trying to find a bright side, just think... it could have been the first day of spring when this happened. I know Florida is a year-round kind of riding state, but still...

·
Registered
4,384 Posts
Sorry to hear about your first ride on your new bike. I pray you heal quickly so you can enjoy that bike.

·
Registered
3,093 Posts
Glad you were wearing your gear and that you are gona be ok! We all worry about that happening to us. Also glad Your Warrior is gonna be back up with relatively minor damage.

·
Registered
255 Posts
Helmet! I was a lisc adjuster for twenty years and its required. An adjuster does not have xray vision so they wont argue You were knocked out that right there is enough for replacement. I raced my kids knee drag and my cousin run Team green Superbike program. Staight up if a helmet gets wacked its trashed no doubt.

peace brother and heal up so you can enjoy that bad boy! Wecome to M4 the hard way[B)]

·
Registered
1,323 Posts
quote:Originally posted by ozwarrior

I think a broken spatula belongs in the trash....[/emoticons/emotion-4.gif]

mhickling2424 - you have a great attitude, welcome. I am sure your future posts will be less dramatic.

·
Registered
43 Posts
did you buy the bike on Ebay? if so i had ben looking at that one for a bit. Sorry to hear about your accident. i am glad that your injuries are minor for the speed you were going and all. Hopie you get better soon to get back out.

1 - 20 of 63 Posts