RS Warrior Forum banner

1 - 20 of 93 Posts

·
Registered
4,864 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Folks,
I realize that the site was down for almost 3 days and I apologize. I was doing everything I possible could to get the problem resolved and it was just not enough. I, like most of you, visit this site MANY times during the day and it is strange not being able to visit this site and read the posts.

I had an interesting conversation with my web hosts' host and I hope that this will never happen again.

ANYONE who had sent me an email and it bounced back to them... please resend it!

3rd Weekend in a row update:
There has been someone hacking this machine on Saturday nights. I am working with the hosting company in analyzing log files, securing ports, etc... unfortunetely they seem to know when to mess with the machine because they do it when support is hard to reach.

Again, I am truly sorry for the outage.
CarKnee

·
Registered
4,864 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
This site has grown so much over the last 3 years. It started as a simple virtual hosted site, now it is getting to the point where I am considering running redundant dedicated servers to host it!

·
Registered
171 Posts
Talk about a VOID, checking this site has become a way of life! Thanks for keeping it alive! I almost had to go on Prozac.

·
Registered
3,343 Posts
I got a lot done during the outage. Guess that I spend more time on here than I thought. Keep up the great work because this is a GREAT site.

·
Registered
5,332 Posts
At least it is up by Monday. Now I have something to do besides work.

·
Registered
10,143 Posts
Yeah, I missed the site over the weekend, too. We should have a backup place to go like a yahoo group just to check in for status in case the site goes down again. I don't want to be the "cause" of another outage, but... the outage inspired me to look into becoming a site supporter. Yeah, I'm gonna go ahead and do it. Consider this year's donation "pro-rated." I promise to donate more next year. [/emoticons/emotion-4.gif]

·
Registered
3,633 Posts
I did a "News Search" with your name Sean... making sure you weren't busted over the weekend, computers seized, etc. Didn't find anything, so I knew it was just a matter of time before you were up an running again.

·
Registered
568 Posts
Thank goodness I had Warstar's phone number and received some reassurance from him that there were still warrior owners on the planet.

·
Registered
125 Posts
I can't believe how many times I come to this site - the outage made me realize it. Guess its time to break out the wallet and contribute!

·
Registered
4,864 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
quote:Originally posted by JimB

I did a "News Search" with your name Sean... making sure you weren't busted over the weekend, computers seized, etc. Didn't find anything, so I knew it was just a matter of time before you were up an running again.

Thats funny. [/emoticons/emotion-3.gif)]

1 - 20 of 93 Posts