RS Warrior Forum banner

7461 - 7480 of 7518 Posts

·
Registered
2,602 Posts
G,

I have been literally wearing the Warrior hat you gave us everyday.....I love that hat....you are the best buddy

·
Registered
787 Posts
G, sorry we missed you guys. Long week with some unexpected events. I'll give you a call and fill you in. Wish we could have gone on that ride with you. It looks like a great ride.

Sent from my PC36100 using Motorcycle.com App

·
Premium Member
4,742 Posts
I beggining to worry Marty.
I swear, It was perfect. It was great to meet Desertboy13 (Omar, Nice Midnight). Now there is 3 Warriors in the Low Desert. The Month of Dec is pretty booked up for me and the Miss's, Flying out Thursday to see the G Baby, then Xmas stuff.

Going to look at a calender and see whats happening after the 1st.

G

·
Registered
2,602 Posts
Ali, let me know if you need my help!
Thanks Kich...I found a poor man's trick to fix the problem....apparently many S2000 suffer from this inner CV joint issue where there is a spot metal wear that causes major vibrations past 30mph. The quick fix is to swap the inner CV joints so the wear mark ends up on the back side of the spider roller.

It took me a while but I had to pop the lower ball joints and take out both axles and then swap the inner CV joints....man I learned quite a bit about my car. It seem to have solved the problem for now but the long term fix is to get a whole new part.

picture below from net is another S2000...mine was far worst metal wear (cause is sustained high speeds, hard launches, and canyon carving....that is just normal commuting for me....LOL)

·
Registered
2,181 Posts
Thanks Kich...I found a poor man's trick to fix the problem....apparently many S2000 suffer from this inner CV joint issue where there is a spot metal wear that causes major vibrations past 30mph. The quick fix is to swap the inner CV joints so the wear mark ends up on the back side of the spider roller.

It took me a while but I had to pop the lower ball joints and take out both axles and then swap the inner CV joints....man I learned quite a bit about my car. It seem to have solved the problem for now but the long term fix is to get a whole new part.

picture below from net is another S2000...mine was far worst metal wear (cause is sustained high speeds, hard launches, and canyon carving....that is just normal commuting for me....LOL)
Hey Ali, do they have hardened ones? Is the CV dry?

7461 - 7480 of 7518 Posts