RS Warrior Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
2,637 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
How is everyone doing? Man, I still can't believe how the mojo died out when this site got switched over. Still, I hate to lose all the good friends from the West Coast or not even talk to you guys once in a while. I hope everything is going well for you and the economy isn't the reason we don't hear from a lot of you.

I think that the heavy hitters are few and far between now. Last time I talked to 357 he was selling his warrior, Oliver's been gone for almost 4 years, KevinGonad moved to Utah, the San Diego guys are gone. The circle of life I guess? For cycles? :)

We've still got AlanH hitting the site once in a while.

·
Registered
4,322 Posts
Glad to see you're stilllerking around this site.......I guess I do the same once in awhile.

You're right though, is not what it used to be around here.Sometimes I read some of the old threadsand think about the good old days, I guesslife brings changes and we rollwith 'em as they come.

But if you ever wanna ride you got my phone #, give a call and we can plan something even if it's just for coffee and adonut.

I've been riding quite a bit but mostly off-road, about 2-3 times a month and doing desert races and some MX.

But would be nice to get together and put some street miles, even something like Wild Wild West!

Still got the Warrior in the barn, got a few offers but nothing close to what am asking and am not in hurry or need to dump it!

·
Registered
2,181 Posts
I am totally bummed like you guys. I think that the forces aligned for this to start hapening,. The redesigned site, the email notifications, the economy, all contributed. But I am still here, albeit not that much, I still am.

One BIG thing that dissapointed me is the removal of the ranking system. Now we are just little "bars". It was fun to try to get to the "Warrior" status. Now, its just stupid bars.

Oh well, I still have friends here and I know that we will all still have time soon. I can't wait for thespring so we can ride together again.

·
Registered
3,050 Posts
hey I haven't gone anywhere either. good to see you on here also. the riding will begin again soon. keep in touch.
the site i didn't know how to use the other one either.

·
Registered
2,760 Posts
Hey guys, Im still here too! Nice to hear from you all! Erik so do you still have bike?If so, maybewe could make one more tripto the Wild Wild West ride ride! Chirs, I would be interested in a local ride!

·
Registered
4,322 Posts
kichigai said:
Hey guys, Im still here too! Nice to hear from you all! Erik so do you still have bike?If so, maybewe could make one more tripto the Wild Wild West ride ride! Chirs, I would be interested in a local ride!

Kich,

I wouldn't be able to rideuntilafter March 14th. Next weekendI'll be in the desert, got a desert race and a mx race on the weekend of march 6th(Arizona). I will be on call from work on Feb 26 for a week.

But we do need to put a ride together!

·
Registered
250 Posts
bumping this thread, there have to be a few guys down here?

·
Registered
707 Posts
Dusten and I posted up our ride to the Rock Store the other week, and we didn't get one taker from San Deigo to the LA area. WTF !

All I ever hear from the S.CA. N. boys is how you meet at the Route 66, don't you guys do any REAL riding anymore? Just my two cents.

Still here and still riding.

·
Registered
1,040 Posts
riverat said:
Dusten and I posted up our ride to the Rock Store the other week, and we didn't get one taker from San Deigo to the LA area. WTF !

All I ever hear from the S.CA. N. boys is how you meet at the Route 66, don't you guys do any REAL riding anymore? Just my two cents.

Still here and still riding.
Us SoCal North boys haven't done a REAL ride since the end of December!!!!!!!!!!! Route 66 bike night is in jeopardy, On Tuesday night, May 5th the City Planning Commission is voting on whether or not to extend the Conditional Use Permit for Route 66 to continue to hold bike nights on Wednesday night. The issue is that last year the Vagos and the Mongols started to show up and the city is concerned with escalating gang presence. Write a letter to the Planning Comission or attend the hearing in support of bike night!!!!

I think life has been challenging for many and attention gets diverted from the warriors. The most riding i get in is short loops in the mountains surrounding the Santa Clarita Valley.We need to pull a ride together to see each others smiling faces once again. The only time I have in May is the weekend of May 2nd & 3rd.

·
Registered
1,075 Posts
Things are real quite around here also, just short rides here and there, been hitting the pedal bike a lot adding up the miles

thats my new thing right now, even joined a road bike club, easy to get hooked

·
Registered
7,926 Posts
There are several old familiar names that don't post here anymore. Slothy, Metrickrusier, biohazard, vector18., and the list goes on. Me; I just keep coming back. I would like to see some of the earlier members come back though. I for one miss their posts. BTW I remember one member that was in Iraq, but his name has left me at the present. Anyone remember who I am talking about?

·
Registered
130 Posts
Lasttoy here, I think the last time checked in you guy's were talking about a trip to Austria with Oliver, did that ever happen ? I got the old So-Cal Warriors tee shirt out the other day to mow the lawn. I don't suppose the Mid week Slackers are still active. Good to here from you guy's.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts