RS Warrior Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 38 Posts

·
Vendor
1,068 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited by Moderator)
I have been tossing this idea around. I have sold 2 arms that I would put into this category and people were very happy with them.

The idea is to build the arm as usual but stop at the point were I would begin to sand and smooth out imperfections, so the arm would be welded butthe buyer would need to put the finishing touches on them. When I build a raw arm I spend about 1 hour cleaningit up before shipping. I could offer a discount if I sell them and do not spend the extra time doing this. The reason behind this idea is simple, less money. I get contacted several times a day and I know how hard it is to modify our Warriors when times are so tough for so many of us. I just wanted to post this up and see what people think, suggestions or other ideas are welcome. I am not set on doing this just yet, but was thinking I could sell these swingarms in the $400 range-give or take a few dollars. I'm doing my best to keep the prices low and will not be happy until every member has a fat tire! Hahaha!

·
Registered
955 Posts
Re: 260 budget swingarm? what do you think...

Kyle, I think that is a very good idea. It seems that the majority of the 4M members like to do their own modifications and this would give member the opportunity to save quite a bit of money and do a portion of the work themselves. Grinders are cheap at Harbor Freight. I think that you are on to a very nice service to the Warrior community.

·
Registered
6,075 Posts

I like the idea as well. Even though I already have a 240, I'll now plan on a 260 once finances allow. Great job.

·
Registered
2,752 Posts

I also like the idea. I will let you know soon if i can say yes for sure. Can you run the 200mm rear tire and rim on the 260 arm?

·
Vendor
1,068 Posts
Discussion Starter #6

Thanks for taking the time to post some feedback.

Yes you can run the stock rim and tire while saving to do the wheel upgrade. Many members have went this way, makes it easier on the wallet if you pick up the arm then wheel at a later date... I hear you can slip it buy the old lady if you do it in steps...LOL

·
Registered
1,458 Posts

Great idea! I'd be more comfortable trusting my life to my grinding skills than my welding skills!

·
Vendor
1,068 Posts
Discussion Starter #10

06_warrior said:
One other question. Are you requiring our stock swing arm plus cash?

I will need your stock swingarm or a $250 refundable deposit, after you install the modified arm you would need to send me your stock one. I have swingarms in stock but will need to be contacted so I can check my inventory.

·
Registered
252 Posts

Kyle. I think this is an awesome idea. Like it was stated before, this is a good way to full fill members DIY urges (including mine lol) and keep cost down, especially in times like these. I know I would definitely be into this. Keep us posted on your decision.

·
Registered
104 Posts

hey not to change the subject but what is your price on the rear brake mod?

·
Vendor
1,068 Posts
Discussion Starter #14 (Edited)

After talking to several membersthis is what I came up with.

260 raw/budget swingarm $449

260 powder coatfinish swingarm $549

The builders/budget arm will require some clean up and finish sanding only.I feel the prep work on these arms as delivered can be done by the average guy in60 minutes or less. I timed myself today and from start to finish it only took 45 minutes to have the arm ready for paint or powder.

·
Vendor
1,068 Posts
Discussion Starter #16

Hey Justice,

I only build one style of arm. I just put 240/250/260 whatever so people know they can use whatever tire they like. I don't do a 240 arm, my goal was to make one arm that would be affordable. I know a lot of people went with the 240 kits because of the price difference to step up to the 250/260 swingarm.

·
Vendor
1,068 Posts
Discussion Starter #17

All privatemessages have been returned. If some how I missed your message, please send another one and tell me to get it together!!!

·
Registered
40 Posts

As I've pretty much decided that a new VMax is out of the budget right now, I'm thinking a few mods to the Warrior might be in order (salve for the soul). I like your idea re: semi-finished swingarms and am considering one myself. Do you know what a rim for a 240 or 260 would run, to complete the mod? I like to get all the finance numbers in order before pulling the trigger.

Thanks!

·
Vendor
1,068 Posts
Discussion Starter #20

I am updating this thread with pricing and a few words on this service.

I have gotten feedback and am happy with offering this budget swingarm. I have decided to do the major sanding and the weld removal to make sure it is done to my standards. All that will be left is sanding/grinding out imperfections and finish sanding. These arms come with the belt tabs in place so if you are not wanting these it will be yourresponsibilityto remove them.

I was going to leave more of the grinding and sanding of the weld areas to the customer so I was able to offer these for less money. After thinking this over I have decided to do most of the work, I know a lot ofyou are more then capable of doing this but was worried that somebody would remove to much material or accidently cut into a weld, etc. And saving a few bucks and risking something like this is just not worth it. So I have set a price of $425 which is really as low as I can go and still afford to keep doing these.

Thanks for all the support and feedback about this product

1 - 20 of 38 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.