RS Warrior Forum banner

1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
262 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I orginally bought this from 67fb. I planned onhaving this one clearenced for a 260-280 and powder coated,but, I got a crackhead deal on a new one so I want to sell this set up.

Here is his original post:

67fb said:
Polished Swing arm (part # 5PX-22110-00-00) with Performance Edge Hidden Caliper Mod and Belt Guard Tabs Removed.

Includes Swingarm, Brake Caliper, Bracket and brake line.

You'll need the bracket bolt and rear master cylinder banjo bolt from your setup.

The sides and tops of the arms are polished very well. The rest of the arm has the factory finish removed. There are a few imperfections in the polished surfaces, nothing major. Tried to show one area in the last photo.

Only parts of the caliper and bracket are polished.

If you dont like the polished finish this setup is ready for chrome or a custom powder coat.

No Exchange, No down time, No missed riding.

Keep your stock parts or sell them.

Parts and Mods Cost estimate:

Swing Arm: $250

Brake Bracket and Caliper: $100

Performance Edge Hidded Caliper Mod: $300

-------

Total $650

$525 plus Shipping to the lower 48.

Paypal or USPS money orders. Paypal purchases will be shipped to confirmed Paypal address, unless agreed upon prior to payment.

PM or email BigBlackWarrior with questions or if you would like additional pics.

Belt Guard and Tabs Removed

Hidden Caliper Mod and Polished Brake Bracket

All for$500 plus shipping.

Thanks!

·
Registered
262 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Re: FS--Polished Swing Arm With Hidden Caliper Mod, Caliper, Bracket, and Brake Line

Any questions?...TTT

·
Registered
262 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Re: FS--Polished Swing Arm With Hidden Caliper Mod, Caliper, Bracket, and Brake Line

I have it listed on eBay here but if someone buys it on this site first, I'll pull the auction and pay for shipping (to lower 48).

·
Premium Member
2,916 Posts

Good move placing it on Ebay although there may be someone here that "needs" it. Good price especially since it's a straight-out sale with no exchange.

·
Registered
3,923 Posts

Bump...

Personaly know that this swingarm is a good one. When it left me it looked just like a mirror and the hidden caliper mod is done right and perfectly square.

·
Premium Member
2,916 Posts

I'll edit my last statement. I just realized that this is a straight-out sale with no exchange. Pretty good price. My bad.

·
Registered
95 Posts

Is it possible to give it a shot of clear coat to keep from having to polish it constantly? I know what a b*tch it is to keep the shine up on polished metals. That's probably what would keep me from looking at this closer.

·
Premium Member
2,916 Posts

Alberta Warrior said:
Is it possible to give it a shot of clear coat to keep from having to polish it constantly? I know what a b*tch it is to keep the shine up on polished metals. That's probably what would keep me from looking at this closer.
You may want to contact "tapeworm". He'e considering doing a clearcoat on the exposed aluminum area on his newly modded rear wheel. He spoke with a local painter and found out there is a clearcoat that has been designed to work on aluminum and has produced great results.

·
Registered
22,677 Posts

Did you already sell the swingarm? I noticed your auction got taken down...

Also, just to confirm, is this swingarm stock width?

·
Vendor
4,401 Posts

http://www.zoops.com/zoopseal.asp

never used this but heard about it....I do a lot of hand polishing (2 130 gal tanks, step boxes, battery box, 10 wheels, headlight buckets and a grill shell) heard from a couple polishing guys it works, but I dont know personally, I like a dummy keep polishing. I would love this swingarm and caliper, but wedding on the way, but I'll keep watching it, best of luck, looks like a good deal..

·
Registered
262 Posts
Discussion Starter #11

no, it has not sold....i updated the link above to point to the auction.

that is wierd...i tried to revise the auction to include "must pay immediatly when using buy it now" and it created a second auction of the same thing so I removed it, I must have removed the original.

·
Registered
3,923 Posts

Alberta Warrior said:
When I had it I only polished it once a month, which is actualy less then what I had to do for my chrome wheels. Mequiar's Polish (M9314) works great then there is another that I have used but will have to post back since its at home and memory has slipped.

·
Premium Member
2,916 Posts

Zoop Seal is great for aluminum, but I'd prefer a clearcoat. It's a lot less work and upkeep . . . . . . . . and I'm lazy!

·
Super Moderator
5,781 Posts

I heard that the zoop seal lasts about a year or so without any problems. Kind of expensive though.

·
Registered
4,527 Posts

ALSA has a clear coat that is designed for chrome and I've been using it for years on chrome and aluminum and it works great. You an also add tint to it to make your chrome or aluminum whatever color you like without having the look of paint on your metal. I've got a lot of my chrome looking like gold plating and my wife has a lot of her chrome and aluminum looking like candy apple plating (as well as just straight clear coat that never needs to be polished again)

It's called clear for chrome but it works just fine on aluminum

Pep said:
Alberta Warrior said:
You may want to contact "tapeworm". He'e considering doing a clearcoat on the exposed aluminum area on his newly modded rear wheel. He spoke with a local painter and found out there is a clearcoat that has been designed to work on aluminum and has produced great results.

·
Registered
3,676 Posts

alsacorp.com they sell a clear that is supposed to be the clearest one on the market. normally clear on polished loses its bright shine. the one they sell that is the best is called mirror clear. they also sell a really cool "chrome" like paint. check out the videos on their website.

·
Registered
338 Posts

Will that still work with a stock tire and wheel, even though its big enough for the 260-280??

·
Registered
262 Posts
Discussion Starter #19

This will work for a stock tire/wheel...it is NOT widened for a 26/280....it is a stock width swing arm.

·
Registered
338 Posts

Jeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeze!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

that would look so sweeeeeeeet on my '02 it will fit an '02 correct?? I really want that......

1 - 20 of 27 Posts