RS Warrior Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

Registered

Premium Member
Interesting look. Curious how they look on a bike.
VERY LOUD ;) ... I always avoided riding behind members that had Samson & Rinehart Pipes during our group rides and I wear a full helmet.

Super Moderator
'05 Midnight
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Interesting look. Curious how they look on a bike.
There鈥檚 a pic in the first post. 馃槈

If they wouldn鈥檛 scrape in right turns, I鈥檇 be all about these! That鈥檚 the ONLY reason I didn鈥檛 get them.

Super Moderator
2004 Yamaha Roadstar Warrior

If they wouldn鈥檛 scrape in right turns, I鈥檇 be all about these! That鈥檚 the ONLY reason I didn鈥檛 get them.
Sorry. I see that. I should have said a picture from a lil bit further back. When I admire something, I walk backwards to see it all and how it all blends in together.

Super Moderator
'05 Midnight
Discussion Starter · #11 · (Edited)
D@mn it, guys!! Just thought about making a little plate to ride under the lower exhaust as a ground feeler so I wouldn鈥檛 scrape these up and now I鈥檓 seriously thinking about getting them and powder coating them a semi-gloss black. I saw that Samson is still making baffles that should fit this and I think I could really dial in the tone to something I like. Combine that with a 260 and a hidden caliper鈥.
馃い 馃い 馃い

Registered

If you're not lowered they are pretty hard to scrape. I have the street sweeper tips on these and they stick out and down a little. I have to be scraping the peg pretty good before the pipes touch and then it's only the tip... just for a second.... just to see how it feels.

Big city thunder makes baffles for these.

Super Moderator
2004 Yamaha Roadstar Warrior
If you're not lowered they are pretty hard to scrape. I have the street sweeper tips on these and they stick out and down a little. I have to be scraping the peg pretty good before the pipes touch and then it's only the tip... just for a second.... just to see how it feels.

I see what you did there........and laughed.

Premium Member

Wait wait wait you did WHAT?????
You scraped the pristine Street Sweeper tips?? Going downstairs and opening a bottle of Black.

Registered
Wait wait wait you did WHAT?????
You scraped the pristine Street Sweeper tips?? Going downstairs and opening a bottle of Black.
Yeah! You have inspired me to be a machinist just like you but instead of using a Bridgeport, I use asphalt!

• Haha
Reactions: Heftysmurf

Super Moderator
'05 Midnight
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
So, I reached out to the guy a few days ago and he finally responded to me yesterday evening telling me they are already sold. The were still up for sale so I reported the ad to the Marketplace admins so it could be taken care of.

Yet another example of someone not being responsible with their for-sale ads. Please be better than these types of guys. If you post if for sale, remember to remove the post or mark it as sold once gone. It looks like if I didn't directly reach out, Facebook would have let me go through the purchasing process anyway, at which time I would have to go through the refunding process which may or may not be all that straightforward...

Registered
Can confirm, i have Bub pipes that are pretty much identical to these and I scrape them constantly. Sound great though.
The Bubs must hang slightly lower or father out...
Gotta start somewhere but glad they went to a good, happy & nurturing home.
You had to know I wouldn't baby them!
So, I reached out to the guy a few days ago and he finally responded to me yesterday evening telling me they are already sold. The were still up for sale so I reported the ad to the Marketplace admins so it could be taken care of.

Yet another example of someone not being responsible with their for-sale ads. Please be better than these types of guys. If you post if for sale, remember to remove the post or mark it as sold once gone. It looks like if I didn't directly reach out, Facebook would have let me go through the purchasing process anyway, at which time I would have to go through the refunding process which may or may not be all that straightforward...
Exactly why I don't use FB.

• Helpful
Reactions: Heftysmurf
1 - 20 of 21 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.