RS Warrior Forum banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
94 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just sold my warrior this week,I could'nt see having 2 cruisers so I kept the roadie silverado for road trips and opted for something a little faster for my "hot rod" bike. Here's my 07 cbr 1000 rr

·
Registered
94 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Brett's doing fine, he's already got 3k miles on his new midnight. And yea the cbr should be a blast going up lemmon

·
Registered
670 Posts
I had a 04 CBR600RR. It's really fun to ride, but a lot of it is made from plastic. My main complaint with it, was the fairing was a pain in the ass to take off and put back on, and once you did get it back on, the plastic clips never worked right. It's also a huge cop magnet. Don't be surprised if you have cops following you around for no reason.

·
Registered
2,602 Posts
Yes the CBR RR is a great bike....I'm kinda tired of people saying "be careful" when someone buys a sportbike though. Yes it gets up there real quick, but the brakes and suspension are also a **** of a lot better, and at the point you feel the warrior is about to slide out, you still got tons of lean angle left. Congradulations, and the only "be careful" I have is actually when you get off the CBR and get back on the cruiser. I say this because you get so used to the lightweight, braking, and especially the lean angle, that when you change horses you may end up scaring yourself on the cruiser.

·
Registered
670 Posts
People say "be careful" when somebody buys a sport bike because a sport bike encourages you to ride stupid and beyond your riding ability. I bought one when I was 22 years old and I did plenty of stupid stuff on it. that I wouldn't have done on any cruiser. A sport bike isn't any fun unless your riding fast and aggressive. If you just ride down the freeway normally at 55-60mph, it feels like your doing about 10mph. If you like to ride like a moron and piss everyone else off around you in traffic, sport bikes are cool. If you don't mind ruining your driving record with multiple speeding tickets, then a sport bike is for you. Personally, I've been there, done that. And I don't really have a taste for the sport bikes anymore. Plus most of the people that ride them are a bunch of meat heads. Stop off and talk to a bunch of sport bike guys, wherever they gather in your area. You'll find that very few of them have anything intelligent to say, and a lot of them have permanent scars and injuiries from previous wrecks. To hard core sport bike guys, crashing is just another part of riding. Happens all the time.

·
Registered
52 Posts
Your Honda looks like a wonderful piece of engineering. I wish you many happy rides.However, I thought whenone takes a Warrior it was forricher or poorer, in sickness and in healthtill death do us part. Didn't the salesmantell you about thisat the purchasingceremony?

·
Registered
727 Posts
Scoper50 said:
People say "be careful" when somebody buys a sport bike because a sport bike encourages you to ride stupid and beyond your riding ability. I bought one when I was 22 years old and I did plenty of stupid stuff on it. that I wouldn't have done on any cruiser. A sport bike isn't any fun unless your riding fast and aggressive. If you just ride down the freeway normally at 55-60mph, it feels like your doing about 10mph. If you like to ride like a moron and piss everyone else off around you in traffic, sport bikes are cool. If you don't mind ruining your driving record with multiple speeding tickets, then a sport bike is for you. Personally, I've been there, done that. And I don't really have a taste for the sport bikes anymore. Plus most of the people that ride them are a bunch of meat heads. Stop off and talk to a bunch of sport bike guys, wherever they gather in your area. You'll find that very few of them have anything intelligent to say, and a lot of them have permanent scars and injuiries from previous wrecks. To hard core sport bike guys, crashing is just another part of riding. Happens all the time.
I know plenty of sportbike riders who have no problem enjoying their bike. A sport bike is a lot of fun - too bad you didn't find a group of guys who could have shown you the ropes. Hopefully we can meet up next season and show you how much fun the Warrior can be.

Remeber scars are proof that the past really happened - I have no regrets that I am covered in them.

That CBR is a sweet ride. One of our customers has one and after we put on a Yosh slip on, I about sold the Warrior. What a fantasic motorcycle - that slip on (any slip on really) just sounded so sweet!!

·
Premium Member
16,372 Posts
Scoper50 said:

Sounds like you lived the life experience. I am 42 years old and own a 2007 CBR Repsol Limited 1000RR and by far is one of the best bikes I have ridden and owned. I barely ever ride my Warrior since I went back to the Sportbike. It handles like a dream, accelerates like no other and is as smooth as silk in all aspects of riding. When I do get on the Warrior it is like riding a tank. No comparison. It is your simple, closedmind that gives the rest of us "Respectful Rider's" who do not break the law or ride like moron's as you have stated is what gives us and all rider's a bad image.

·
Registered
1,190 Posts
Scoper50 said:

Please!! There are many anti-sportbike forums everywhere. This is not one.

·
Registered
1,190 Posts
roadierider said:
Just sold my warrior this week,I could'nt see having 2 cruisers so I kept the roadie silverado for road trips and opted for something a little faster for my "hot rod" bike. Here's my 07 cbr 1000 rr

Don't let a bad apple sour your ride. Enjoy it! There is nothing much like a litre sportbike. If you get bored on the street(doubtly) check out NESBA and their free track day introduction for non members. Even if you don't care for the track, it will teach you control and priceless info you could never learn on the street that can help you in everyday riding.

·
Registered
52 Posts
Sportbikes are exciting to look at and the Warrior benefited from lessons learned fromthe R1. To me,they are concept vehicles that are fun to think about andpoke fun at the test pilots who ride them. I also lovegoing to our local Suzuki shop and leering at theHayabusa and having fantasies about going 200 mph through Monument Valley.

·
Registered
5,211 Posts
I would love to ride or crash ed's cbr. PrettyMF'R that bike. I'm still jealous!

·
Registered
7,926 Posts
It seems as if someone misinterepeted my saying "Be Careful". I did not intend to make anyone feel annoyed. I say be careful to most anyone most all the time. My job requires me to hold safety meetings with people on their respective jobs. I always include "Be Careful" into my discussions. When I observe work conditions and work practices I advise people "Be Careful". Whenever my family or friends ride their bikes, whatever type they are on I say "Be Careful". It was never intended to be a insult, It was just a friendly gesture of concern. Again I apologize if I rubbed someone with good intents. But again I say. "BE CAREFUL".

·
Registered
52 Posts
I can agree with being careful. When I go to my Warrior I walk around it looking it over, partly because I just love to look at it but also, to look for anything amiss. After I sit on it and start the engine, while waiting for it to warm up and settle into that smooth idle I remind myself that my safety and enjoyment of the ride depends a lot on my focus on what I'm doingand awareness of my surroundings. Thirty years ago I rode fast and hard and did not enjoy the ride a tenth as much as I do now. I did take a riding class (to get my MC endorsement as I had let it lapse 10 years ago) with Team Oregon and learned a whole new way to ride that adds a new level of enjoyment that I completly missed in my younger days. I has to do with experiencing the machine,everything around you and not just the urge in your gut. I practice seeing the road for it's surface, camber, blind spots and figuring out the perfect line, braking point and bestgear to be in. I have a looong way to go before I'll think of myself as a good rider but there is a lot ofjoy in the learning. On rides I find myself arriving at the checkpoints about 10 minutes behind the sportbikes and 10 minutes ahead of the cruisers. I try to have no "scarey" moments but I've still had a few. I don't think riding a sport bike would change my idea of what makes the ride but, on the other hand, I wouldn't select a sport bike for my style of riding. The Warrior isclose to being perfect for me. Its vibration does screw up my movie making though. I'm going to try to come up with a camera mount that will isolate thecamera from the vibes and doesn't cost $1000. My latest idea involves latex foam and a gyroscope.

1 - 20 of 24 Posts