RS Warrior Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
232 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I bought new throttle cables for my Warrior. So yesterday I decided to install them. Got everything pulled out or unscrewed until I had 2 Allen screws to get out. The top one came out easy peasy, but the bottom one stopped me in my tracks. It was virtually rounded, I couldn’t believe it. I could see where the cables were attached, right behind this bracket. Subsequently I just cursed and shook my head and bolted everything back together. It’s going to have to go to the shop for the cables to be done as I don’t have the equipment here to remove it. Grrrrrrr some ex owners need to be castrated.

·
Premium Member
8,720 Posts
^^^ … +1 … the only socket cap screws, that I recall, is for the Clutch Cable Guide Bracket … unless he has some aftermarket split clamp to the down tubes :confused:

·
Registered
232 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
My mistake guys I was tired and have just corrected my post. It now reads throttle cables.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Also, hit it with penetrating oil first as well and let it sit overnight. I've never had much luck with extraction kits, but cutting a groove with a Dremel has worked for me. If I can, I also use vise clamps when unscrewing the bolt to get as much leverage as possible.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts