RS Warrior Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
169 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
managed to get a couple of pics from the black-out in my gallery...I still have trouble getting them to re-size...work on it more tomorrow...you can't fix stupid !!!

·
Registered
2,602 Posts
Everything powercoated black.....NICE!!!!....thatis going to look evil

·
Registered
361 Posts
Sweeeeet!

What did they do to prep the materials? I do wonder about the kick stand especially with the friction points etc... will that not wear through?

·
Registered
169 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
actually everything in the pic, and all the other parts,I painted...the only powdercoat is on the Big Shots...thats what I do for a liv'in ,,, paint...I started by putting everything into our bead blasting cabinet and shot it down with "black beauty" slag and aluminum oxide media... this ensures that all of the chromium, plating and nickel is removed...then sprayed everything with an epoxy sealer...let it dry for a week and prepped it to paint as usual...I used single stage acrylic urethane black in various sheens from flat to satin...the bars, risers, fuel door, headlamp[ bezel and mirrors I used basecoat black and urethane clear...this matches the factory finish on the tins...I will have to look at it a few days after it is back together before I decide if that is too much gloss or if I need to take the bars back off and break it up with some semi-gloss and satin... the kickstand... I decided that the bottom faces into the frame when it is in the up position...I will have to touch it up from time to time, or... see if I can find some of that rubberized tool dip in black to put on the foot of the stand... thought about some sort of sacrifical "sock" or someother...something...any ideas any one ?...gave some thought to offering the service to forum members, shipping and materials...we'll see...I will get some more pics when it stops raining and it is all back together...still waiting on an o-ring... another story...

·
Registered
1,238 Posts
Thundermutt said:
the kickstand... I decided that the bottom faces into the frame when it is in the up position...I will have to touch it up from time to time, or... see if I can find some of that rubberized tool dip in black to put on the foot of the stand... thought about some sort of sacrifical "sock" or someother...something...any ideas any one ?

I dont think I would go the "tool dip" option. once that thing hits some hot asphalt for a while it would come off in chunks and look even worse than a few paint chips. maybe just buff the contact portion of the kickstand to a nice shine and leave it at that.

·
Registered
3,600 Posts
WannaB said:
I dont think I would go the "tool dip" option. once that thing hits some hot asphalt for a while it would come off in chunks and look even worse than a few paint chips. maybe just buff the contact portion of the kickstand to a nice shine and leave it at that.

+1 if it can't really be seen especially. Victory puts a little leather piece around the foot of their kickstand which I used to think was just a temporary thing until the dealer sold it to protect their floors but I've seen owners that still had them on so maybe it's meant to be permanent. It doesn't look real greatbut at least it wouldn't melt or wear off easily but I imagine I'd just go without.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts