RS Warrior Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2,726 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
AID FOR MOTORCYCLISTS

Engineering contest winners announced

A contraption that makes it easier for motorcyclists to ride at night took the grand prize in UNLV's student engineering competition.

The invention was one of 13 put on display Wednesday by senior engineering students.

The winning team of student designers -- Susan Doucet, Steven Hughes and Cameron MacAdams -- will split the $2,500 prize.

The competition is held twice each year and features products built by graduating engineers.

The winning design featured small lights that allow motorcyclists to see where they are going when turning at night. Typically, motorcycle headlights point straight ahead.

·
Administrator
29,707 Posts
I think they mean:

The winning design featured small lights that allow motorcyclists to see the road before they turn at nightwhere they are going when turning at night. Typically, motorcycle headlights point straight ahead until the turn actually begins, making it hard for the rider to see the road at night before turning.

What were those old cars with headlights that rotated with the steering wheel? Was it Auburns, Cords, or someother car had them back when ******** still had to swim. They blinded so many opposing drivers they were removed from the options list.

(did I say that out loud?)

Added: Looks like it was Tucker, Packard, Citroen, and others.

·
Registered
1,033 Posts
So while searching for the thread the engineering student who wanted ideas for his thesis started, I came upon this. The new BMW 6 cylinder motorcycle used this idea. I wonder what our engineering student decided on? Mid mounts were a suggestion for the Warrior. If he is still reads the forum, I hope he will share.:)

1 - 3 of 3 Posts