RS Warrior Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2,779 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just bought the yamaha stiletto for my 06 midnight.... the rear tab doesn't go back far enough to slide under the rear seat bracket???

Is this a seat for the older style? It clips in just fine and works great.... just doesn't hook in the back.

should prolly add I did order the 06-08 seat.... though the seat itself didn't say anything on it

·
Registered
148 Posts
I had the same issue. The Yamaha PN says it's for the 06 - 08 model, but the tab on the seat is useless. I removed the seat pad hardware & plugged the holes with black plastic automotive anchors from Pep Boys. As for the seat, I'm using velcro tabs at the piont on the rear fender where the seat naturally rests. Seat removal is a snap & I have no movement when riding.

Any other solutions out there?

·
Registered
2,600 Posts
I had the same issue with the Corbin Stinger that I bought from Dennis Kirk a while back...the rear tab was .250" shorter than it was supposed to be and wouldn't slide under the locking hoop on the fender. I sent the seat back to DK and they sent a replacement back.

·
Registered
881 Posts
I say if it's a new seat send it back and have them move the tab or give you a different one. If it was bought used just figure out how much it needs to be moved and drill new holes and rivet the tab back on.

Or I'll take it off your hands for say $100!!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts