RS Warrior Forum banner

1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
926 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I took off the passenger seat since I wont be commuting to work with my tail bag until next April The fender was filthy with water spots. After spending most of the day washing 2 cars and my Warrior, I decide to go for a spin while the bike was still shiny and pick up a taco and some universal panel thingys to plug the holes in my fender. Everywhere I stoppedI got a compliment.

Once I had my taco, a smoothy and plugged my fender, I was headed out of town to open up the throttle and stopped at a light. This old beat-up pick-up truck pulled up in my lane to take a right turn andthe old man driving was checking out my bike. He asked "what kinda bike is that?". I answered "Yamaha Warrior". He replied "Really ... Son of a B1#(h!" and took off.

I couldnt stop grinning for miles. I am so used to getting compliments on the bike, I am hardlyphased by them anymore. But when a 60 year old man says Son of a B1#(h !!!!! I nearly lost it.

·
Registered
3,600 Posts
I pulled up to a light last week and a little behind me in the lane to my left was an apparentfan of the bike trying to get my attention... Being in a very multi-cultural area it's not uncommon to hear 5 or 6 different languages in a day (or even around your table if eating out) but ussually whenstrangers can't speak English to you they just don't try. Well, this fella got my attention and I could tell it was about the bike so I rolled back a few feet and he was practically trying to climb out the passenger window (from the drivers seat mind you) telling me how good the bike looks in some middle eastern language I'm sure he knew I couldn't understand. It was pretty amusing but because of the effort he was putting in to make sure I knew he liked it I couldn't help but be flattered also.

I had a similar thing happen earlier last week at a light when a really old hispanic guy rolled up at a light and assuming I wouldn't understand him he kept alternating pointing at the bike and doing the thumbs up over and over nodding and smiling. It's definitely nice having a good looking bike andgetting all those complimentsbut lately I've been looking at replacing it and I'm thinking more and more about how nice it is to also have a bike that runs like the Warrior does.

·
Premium Member
13,680 Posts
antitech1 said:

I couldnt stop grinning for miles. I am so used to getting compliments on the bike, I am hardlyphased by them anymore. But when a 60 year old man says Son of a B1#(h !!!!! I nearly lost it.

Careful there fella. There are a few 60 year old owners on this 4M!! 60 isn't quite as old as you might think.

·
Registered
926 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
OldMan said:
antitech1 said:

Careful there fella. There are a few 60 year old owners on this 4M!! 60 isn't quite as old as you might think.

I thought about that just after I posted the message. I aint no WhipperSnapper myself. I meant no offense toany ofyou old farts.

·
Registered
29 Posts
yeah i agree, here in nj no one gives you compliments. when i had my 650 v-star i had some harley owner ask me why i didnt get a HD. i told him i wanted to ride, not let my bike sit in some repair shop because it broke down again. lets just say he wasnt to happy with my answer and drove off. still no compliments on the warrior, except for some of my indian neighbors. they seem to love the bike. except at 5:30 in the morning when i make all there windows shake going to work.

·
Vendor
4,401 Posts
RobRiguez said:
I guess its a west coast thing. The only compliments you ever get around here are at bike events or by other bikers on the road. Otherwise the cagers would rather knock you off the road than speak to you.

I had a guy on a crotch rocket wave at me once..

·
Registered
881 Posts
parkinglot said:
I had a guy on a crotch rocket wave at me once..

LOL

I had the flag guy at a road block, yesterday, ask me what kind of Harley I'm riding, to which I smiled and said "a Yamaha, not a Harley..". He seemed a little confused and admitted to only realizing Yamaha makes R1's and R6's.

oy vey

·
Registered
3,600 Posts
Earlier today I was at the electronics store and an employee was staring at mine out the window and when I came by (with lid in hand) he poured it on about how sweet it was but then he blew it by asking what kind of Harley it was because he couldn't place it. I was a bit insulted and I think it showed so in an effort to make himselflook better he tried to relate with my metricness (new word!) by pointing out his Honda 250. He asked what size it was and when I told him I'm not sure he beleived me. lol I laughed and said "yeah, you're not real likely to findtoo many1700cc Harleys."

All total I believe I received 6 compliments today alone while out. Maybe I shouldn't sell it afterall....

·
Registered
370 Posts
Must be a coastal thing. In the Midwest, people are really laid back and come up to me all the time. Most every person on a bike will wave or nod their head.

·
Registered
1,755 Posts
I get a few compliments per week. Most seem to happen at the start of the riding season after the cleaning required by winter storage. I’ve had more then my fair share of “Nice Bike” or “Who makes that” yelled by a passing cager. Then there are the admirers who pull along side, look at the bike, slow down, and then pull up from the opposite side for the complete picture.

The most memorable compliment came from an attractive 20 something blond driving a convertible VW Beatle. It was less then a month ago, she was driving with her top down in 60 degree weather, clearly enjoying the highway speed wind-chill. I thought to myself, “She must be a motorcyclist”. Then as if to answer, she looks at the Warrior, gives a big smile followed up with an approving head nod.

·
Registered
1,542 Posts
I remember when I though 60 was old...But last week I turned 47 and it's a lot closer than it used to be

My riding days are almost done...I had flurries, albeit briefly yesterday afternoon.

Dang, those warm weather places!

1 - 20 of 28 Posts