RS Warrior Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1,072 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Oil leak is back at the base of the push rod tube.
The Krank Vent worked for a little bit, as in no more leaking. This is the first day I have got to ride in about two weeks. Came back to the house and saw the oil seeping out, not much, but it's there. Oh well, atleast the krank vent is still benificial to the bike. I have 900 miles on her now. When I make an appointment to the dealer, should I take the Krank Vent off?

Ok Arizona Warrior, you can tell me. (I told you so)

·
Registered
1,072 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
The krank vent is still a benificial piece to have. The bike was on the show room floor for 8 1/2 months before I bought it. I'm thinking the o-ring could have dried out or went bad. When I was riding every day, there was no seeping. Yesterday was the first time I had rode in over a week and the seeping returned.

·
Registered
661 Posts
The dealer installed my Krank Vent, put the small filter that came with Church's VBAK and left it up under the seat. Should I reroute it down the back and out and put the filter back on?

·
Registered
1,072 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Ruckus said:
The dealer installed my Krank Vent, put the small filter that came with Church's VBAK and left it up under the seat. Should I reroute it down the back and out and put the filter back on?

Depends. Can you hear the krank vent farting? (the klack klack sound) If you can, does it bother you? If not, leave it where it's at. I routed mine with a 2 1/2 ft hose to the rear and under my bike. I also placed a filter at the end incase it puked any oil.

·
Premium Member
1,837 Posts
Mike... get the krank vent, it is a must for the health of your engine. I would not want that pressure buildup in my engine.
Buddy, while reading the forum, I did not notice other warriors complaining about any oil leaks... once the krank installed. If it does not, you should call the ET guys so they replace it. They say:
Having trouble staying with the factory teams or just want to cure the oil blowing out of your cruiser!! From Ducati to Yamaha Road Stars, to high-twisting 14,000+ rpm inline 4’s, you won't believe the results!!

I still have mines in it's box... I will have it installed this spring.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts