RS Warrior Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am looking at possibly purchasing a Midnight Warrior (2006) with approximately 100 miles on it. The selling price is ~10K and wanted to find out from this group if that is a good deal or not? Secondly, is there anything I should be on the lookout for (recalls, etc.).

Finally the bike needs to be shipped from California to Washington State...anyone have recommendations for motorcycle shippers?

My current bike is a 2004 Yamaha V-Star 650 so this should be a significant upgrade in terms of power [}/emoticons/emotion-1.gif]

·
Registered
1,542 Posts
I'm sure the other guys will chime in shortly. but watch out, somebody will voulunteer to drive it home for you/emoticons/emotion-5.gif

Wow! That's a heck of a jump...Good for you!

And since you're here...Welcome, and now, where is that search key?

·
Registered
4,384 Posts
Definitely a bump in performance. I don't know any shippers, but that does sound like a good deal. You should still have the original warranty.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks for the quick responses and yes I found the "search" key /emoticons/emotion-5.gif Nothing worse than a newbie asking questions that have been asked numerous times /emoticons/emotion-1.gif

So it turns out I found an even BETTER deal. Before pulling the trigger on the original deal, I called a few Yamaha dealers in the area and found one that had a brand new 06 (still in the crate) for $9999 (not including tax & license). I went over to that dealer to run the numbers and noticed they had a brand new 05 Midnight Warrior priced at $8999 (once again not including tax & license). So the plan is to go tomorrow and trade my Vstar in and pick up the 05.

Another question to the community...if given the chance, would you get the new 05 or the new 06 given the $1000 price difference??

Looking forward to being on this forum and learning!

·
Registered
1,921 Posts
tukluc,

Looks like you found a couple of good deals...Either one sounds good to me...I own an 05' Midnight Warrior and can't say that I regret ever buying it. I love my bike![^]

So I'd say get the 05' and use the $1000.00 you saved for some mods!

And while it's at the dealers go ahead and have them do the pick-up coil and TPS recalls. If they haven't done them yet...

Anyway be careful on the beast, she definitely ain't no 650...

MIDNIGHT WARRIORS RULE!!

Mark aka Mad Man

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
How do I find out what recalls have been done on the bike already? Is their a Yamaha site that I can input the VIN # and have it kick back the information?

·
Registered
1,151 Posts
If you're buying brand new, the dealer should do them for you before you take posession. Just make sure to specify this. Search "recall" on this site. You'll pull up CPS, TPS and tranny I believe.

·
Registered
341 Posts
you can give your local dealer a call and give the vin. they will have record of the work done and the recall info... Welcome to the 4m friend!

·
Registered
214 Posts
excellent deal! i wanted a midnight but couldn't find a good deal for a new one around here. a bit envious but still happy for ya!

as for the recalls, the dealer would know if they have been performed. congrats and welcome!!!

1 - 12 of 12 Posts