RS Warrior Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
82 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
can someone put a sound clip of the ground pounders,ripsaws,etc....
i want to hear them before i buy them [/emoticons/emotion-2.gif]but if not its ok ill try to
find a sound clip somewhere[/emoticons/emotion-6.gif]thank all

·
Registered
82 Posts
I hear those Samsons are pretty loud!! Be sure to order the 10"
baffles with them or you can just order the ear plugs
and asprin instead!!

·
Registered
422 Posts
Earplugs are a plus, not matter where you land on an aftemarket pipe. Two bucks gets a handful you can keep under the seat in a ziplock...

·
Registered
2,621 Posts
quote:Originally posted by PURSUVANT

Earplugs are a plus, not matter where you land on an aftemarket pipe. Two bucks gets a handful you can keep under the seat in a ziplock...

Earplugs are a smart move, whether or not you run an aftermarket exhaust. Wind noise for many, many miles is known to damage your hearing over the long term, even when wearing a full face helmet.

Get 'em at www.softfoamearplugs.com they're pretty **** cheap in quantity and work great.

·
Registered
329 Posts
I had the samsons on my bike originally and the only difference between baffles and no baffles was that the baffles got rid of the jake brake noise on decel I didn't think they were any quieter
the baffles are only a piece of tubular steel thats been perforated and the perforations are pushed in toward the center a bit
theres no packing of any sort, they really aren't baffles like you would typicly think of baffles, if your local has noise restrictions like alot of places are implementing you may want to reconsider drag type pipes, the fuz around here took issue with me a time or 2
never got a ticket but it stilll makes you wanna pretend you are invisible everytime you go pass a cruiser, I think it's more a visual thing for them seeing what they view as a drag pipe my propipe is damned near as loud as the samsons were but I've yet to be pulled over with it and I've gotten caught with my pants down a couple times hammerin the throttle and they never gave me a second look

1 - 10 of 10 Posts