RS Warrior Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Premium Member
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all
This just started when you shut the bike off this starts unless you shut off the kill switch . Thinking its starter related any thoughts

·
Administrator
28,155 Posts
Nothing attached and not enough info. Is it a ticking noise down low on the motor case? In a dark garage or similar are the gaugle lights flickering faintly?

Did you recently modify any lighting? Or was any lighting already removed or modified from stock by others, like LED's?

If yes to any, consider searching click of death. Or COD.

·
Premium Member
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Yes said video was to large . The bike was just purchased has aftermarket front signals and integrated rear light . It was not doing it first few rides . My brother has same bike and mentioned the click of death. I was reading up on it and I think this may be the issue . Thanks for the reply , now to figure out the way to fix lol

·
Administrator
28,155 Posts
One potential is that it was doing it but you did not notice or you shut off the bike a different way (like key versus off switch). Another potential is that someone prior installed a device for COD correction, and that device has failed (maybe a filiment light bulb, or relay coil, or some resistance, who knows what).

·
Premium Member
7,693 Posts
put your bike in neutral and shut it off with the key. Do not use the kill switch. this will not eliminate the cause or correct the cause of COD but will usually prevent it. search the forum for COD fixes as there are a couple ways to fix it.

·
Premium Member
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks Christo I need to do some reading to determine what I need to do , really appreciate all the responses from this forum will be a great help

Cheers

·
Premium Member
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Thanks so much if thisbin fact the problem , and it sure sounds like it , seems to be a pretty easy fix. Makes me wonder why wjoever installed the led lights on my bike would not have fixed it originally . Thanks for the info

1 - 11 of 11 Posts