RS Warrior Forum banner

21 - 40 of 40 Posts

·
Premium Member
3,226 Posts
I will also say that the Baron's kit which is exactly like the LA Choppers are constructed of steel. I had seen some that were copies of the Baron's kit on ebay that were made of aluminum for a bit (which turned me off). My Baron's kit also does not have a grease nipple as there is not enough meat on that little itty bity heim joint which is just asking for trouble hence Freeezzz's friend.

Freeezzz is that heim joint in that picture aluminum as their rust on all the other parts except the heim joint?

·
Registered
366 Posts
I was sent a supplement of information. With photo.

It does not look like the Baron. The man says that it’s not looks factory made. I did not understood the essence of his claim, in my opinion, when the part was new, there would be nothing to complain about. But now we have what we have.

He did not indicate anything about the material of the fixing ears. I think that it made with steel. They also do not have markings; it’s impossible to find out for which equipment, for which units and loads it was made.

·
Premium Member
3,226 Posts
That grease nipple/oil port is most likely the culprit in the deformation failure of that heim joint. Not enough meat.

·
Premium Member
8,694 Posts
freeezzzz … IMO the Brass Liner in the Heim Bearings, of your shared photos, is indicative of a weaker assembly. The lube port location is also a contributing factor 😕
  • For those that are interested here's an excellent resource for metric & US threads: RBC Bearings

·
Registered
366 Posts
I agree. Made for less load. But in the case of the baron's product, as can be seen in the photo above, presence of a valve for lubrication and a brass insert not the main reason. The product of the baron is even more fundamental in the same place. But apparently, and this did not help. In was broke is exactly in the same place.

I had to communicate with a very vast audience of warrior owners in our country. Many of them do not even know about the existence of this node/part of its suspension. They do not check them when buying bike. They do not servicing these nodes systematically.
But. I have never met reviews or situations where the stock links would break. In stock links are more metal, more "meat")))

·
Registered
366 Posts
In any case, the baron does not mark this product and I can not clarify.

It is strange to hear every time a reference to a fake. Let remind that the exact same version was expressed to me when I pointed out Barnett’s mistake in choosing a bearing (which they eventually replaced, contrary to their claims). Now here is the same story with the Baron.

Рroduction defect also happens with large, eminent manufacturers, even with a long proven reputation.

I had the "honor" to install a teardrop cover. Terrible workmanship of those parts that are not visible from the outside, but torment during the installation process.

·
Premium Member
3,226 Posts
Again I do not work for Baron or gain nothing from this but neither of those kits look like the Baron's kit. The first kit has a completely different threaded section. The second kit has a grease nipple/oil port and the center thread rod is round in which Baron's is not. Not convinced whatsoever.

Attachments

·
Registered
366 Posts
And really! But I climbed into the web, to look for images / photos of products according to the words "baron" and "lowering kit". And even found a whole series of photos from the announcement of the sale.

But again in Russia))))

Its something mystic)))

·
Administrator
28,155 Posts
So the person who originally bought and installed the failed links shown in your pics sent you proof they were built by Baron, so you have a direct paper trail? Or just your web search results?

Metal can be made in many strengths. Cheap metal is used all the time in cheap products. Just because pictures of one of the failed sets appears to be the same as Baron does not make them Baron.

But if you have a paper trail then I would say they are maybe the first Baron Warrior links I have ever seen fail like that. Or they are counterfeit. Who knows.

I'm very interested in this but its still a fact that to my old eyes neither set in your pictures looks exactly like Baron links. I think they are both do-it-yourself hardware store assemblies.

Pictures on the internet can appear the same as pictures you got from someone else and the metal in one can be inadequate quality.

·
Registered
366 Posts
Not bought and installed the failed links. They are bought the bike WITH installed this links. So, no paper proof, no boxes, nothing. Just failed product. In second one I agree, is not baron. But the first... I do not prefer conspiracy theories.

21 - 40 of 40 Posts