RS Warrior Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2,256 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So, when I was fiddling around with my coil/sensor plate under the tank, I pulled the front right spark plug wire right out of the boot on the jug! Ooops.

I pushed it back in there as best I could, but I know it's not connected...

Do I need to replace the wire and boot, or can I have it recrimped?

I would love a little more play (it's tight).

Where do you get new wires and boots from? Model numbers and Dealers would be so helpful.

Thanks!

·
Premium Member
8,918 Posts
Justice said:
So, when I was fiddling around with my coil/sensor plate under the tank, I pulled the front right spark plug wire right out of the boot on the jug! Ooops.

I pushed it back in there as best I could, but I know it's not connected...

Do I need to replace the wire and boot, or can I have it recrimped?

I would love a little more play (it's tight).

Where do you get new wires and boots from? Model numbers and Dealers would be so helpful.

Thanks! No problema
No problema .... just push back the dust boot on the bakeliteinsulator and thread it into the wire .... if it's loose just trim approx 1/4" off the wire andtighten it up
.. reposition dust boot as before

EDITED: The right coil for the frt cyl #2 should have the secondary wires facing the frt of the bike and they fit without any problem. You can check my photos here: [url]http://flickr.com/photos/[email protected]/sets/72157602604625531/[/url] you see that the right coil primaries are facing the rear of the bike as indicated by the markings on the top of the plate +/_

·
Registered
263 Posts
inside the boot is a screw, turn it till it is snug and reconnect to the spark plug.

you may want to cut 1/8" off wire if it does not snug up.

·
Registered
2,256 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
AlanH said:
No problema .... just push back the dust boot on the bakeliteinsulator and thread it into the wire .... if it's loose just trim pprox 1/4" off the wire andtighten it up
.. reposition dust boot as before

EDITED: The right coil for the frt cyl #2 should have the secondary wires facing the frt of the bike and they fit without any problem. You can check my photos here: [url]http://flickr.com/photos/[email protected]/sets/72157602604625531/[/url] you see that the right coil primaries are facing the rear of the bike as indicated by the markings on the top of the plate +/_

Thanks AlanH!

I pulled the tank and got in there to take care of that spark plug wire, and wouldn't you know it... The coil was facing the wrong direction. I unbolted it and switched it around. Plenty of slack in the wire now. Cleaned up the wires with some zip ties while I was there, remounted tank, opened the garage door and fired her up. That new exhaust tip sounds good!

Thanks for the help.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts