RS Warrior Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
While installing my VBAK kit and then the coil relocation plate..I did something reallllly stupid!

I pulled the spark plug wires out of the coils and the little clips that hold them on have broken. I misread the instructions as removing these wires from teh coil versus removing them from the sparkplugs :(

So I am not sure how much damage I have done as a result of this stupidity! I either buy new coils with these wires already installed or I somehow reinstall the old wires and hope they don't pop-off. An idea I had was to maybe put some silicone sealant around the wires and then reinsert them into the coils. Of course I would have to be careful to make sure that the sealant doesn't get onto the electrical parts. It would really be used as a "glue" to hold the wires in the coils.

Am I screwed?

Thoughts.....

·
Registered
3,923 Posts
Mamba said:
While installing my VBAK kit and then the coil relocation plate..I did something reallllly stupid!

I pulled the spark plug wires out of the coils and the little clips that hold them on have broken. I misread the instructions as removing these wires from teh coil versus removing them from the sparkplugs :(

So I am not sure how much damage I have done as a result of this stupidity! I either buy new coils with these wires already installed or I somehow reinstall the old wires and hope they don't pop-off. An idea I had was to maybe put some silicone sealant around the wires and then reinsert them into the coils. Of course I would have to be careful to make sure that the sealant doesn't get onto the electrical parts. It would really be used as a "glue" to hold the wires in the coils.

Am I screwed?

Thoughts.....
I'm taking it these are still the factory coils? If so I might have a set laying around that you can have for shipping. Just IM me.

·
Registered
1,458 Posts
DOH!

Glad to see I'm not the only one who has Homer Simpson moments. . . Sorry!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts