RS Warrior Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
787 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Here are some pics of my plugs before and after the bump. The pics with 2 plugs is before the bump and the single plug is after the bump. I put about 100 pretty hard miles on it after the bump. My concern is the dark spot on the side of the plug. Why would the plug burn like that. The bike has 2000 miles on it and I am the only owner and the only performance/engine mod is a V & Hpropipe. I bumped the ECU 3 points on both cylinders. The current readings are Co 01 3 Co 02 0. Any info on the plugs will be greatly appreciated. The pics are in my gallery I am trying to get them here but until then here it is.

·
Administrator
29,687 Posts
If you mark each plug for it's cylinder (front or back) then snap a shot with all 4 in the same picture, you'll save space. Once its in your gallery you can copy it (right click on the pic and copy) then just paste it into your post (right click on the pic and paste).

Is this after the bump?

·
Registered
787 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Good to know Arizona I will giv it a try. This photo is from the left side and the plug on the left is the front plug. The single plug is from the left side the back cylinder. I will try to post it the same way you were able to pull this form my gallery.

·
Registered
787 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
That didnt work out like I wanted it to. Man I must be an idiot. It is a good thing I only have to blow *** up in the Marine Corps.

·
Registered
787 Posts
Discussion Starter #7

This is after the bump. What could have caused the dark spot on the side of the plug. Lets see if I got it right this time.

·
Premium Member
8,912 Posts
semperfit said:
This is after the bump. What could have caused the dark spot on the side of the plug. Lets see if I got it right this time.
semperfit ..... Looks good to meand i wouldn't lose any sleep at all - now the fun begins with all the experts

Here's what mine looked like in an earlier post and the various comments:

Spark Plug Readings-Appreciatedhttp://rswarrior.com/forums/p/21636/281528.aspx#281528

AlanH said:
Sat, Jun 11 2005 8:02 PM

Have been running the V&H Big Shots for approx 8000 miles with the ECU @ +3 points and stock air box with Speed* filter.

HOW WOULD YOU RATE THESE PLUGS

Original NGK Plugs:
[

·
Premium Member
8,912 Posts
These are the plugs that replaced the OEM NGK Shown above

spark plugshttp://rswarrior.com/forums/p/26059/378879.aspx#378879

AlanH said:
Sat, Aug 18 2007 9:46 PM

Here's a set of NGK Iridium plugs that i put on @ 10,284 miles 6-10-05 while living in MI. Shortly there after i installed Churchey's VBAK to compliment the V&H Big Shots that were installed at 800 miles. I subsequently bumped-up my CO settings in the ECU for both changes and still run w/o a PCIII!

I replaced those plugs yesterday @ 28,728 miles 8-17-07 figuring it must be time even though they looked good @ 22,539 miles when i inspected the left plugs.

That's 18,444 serious hard miles later and they look like near new plugs. They out lasted my CPS [:0] [
]

1 - 9 of 9 Posts