RS Warrior Forum banner

1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
2,664 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
G'day All
How often are you changing the standard spark plugs? Or how many miles are you getting from them?[/emoticons/emotion-1.gif]

·
Registered
1,830 Posts
Same for me. 7200 miles. Completely expired (At least one of them) bike started to jerk near 3000 RPM)and some white cloud came off my pipe (including some gas drops).

·
Registered
4,104 Posts
My bike is starting to pop more and run erratic and jurky. I suspect the spark plugs are going. I have about 10,000miles on mine.

·
Registered
1,810 Posts
I'm at about 6000kms since recall and plan to change them. I usually toss a new set in at the beginning of each season if I need them or not. Once you go to the trouble of pulling them, might as well change them.

·
Registered
2,664 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Thanks all for the good info. I've been changing mine around 10,000km, but they still look like new so I was just a little interested in what others were getting.
Thanks again

·
Premium Member
13,680 Posts
I know a guy who has over 300,000 miles on his Duramax and has never put spark plugs in it! [/emoticons/emotion-2.gif]

·
Registered
1,751 Posts
quote:Originally posted by rswarrior43204

manual says every 8,000 miles and so i changed 1st set @12,000 and 2nd 8,000 and now on third set.

Wow thats amazing rswarrior...when are you going to replace your next set at 0000 miles how do you do that....drive in reverse[/emoticons/emotion-1.gif]

·
Registered
4,104 Posts
LMAO!!!quote:Originally posted by WizardofOZ

quote:Originally posted by rswarrior43204

manual says every 8,000 miles and so i changed 1st set @12,000 and 2nd 8,000 and now on third set.

Wow thats amazing rswarrior...when are you going to replace your next set at 0000 miles how do you do that....drive in reverse[/emoticons/emotion-1.gif]

·
Registered
1,830 Posts
Well, It seems the more we ride this monsta, the more it gets less of a monsta, the more often we need to replace plugs, tires, and go for all the performance mods, starting from BAK and PC3, going on with HC pistons, and ending with turbo and some other stuff.. .Not that the Warrior will not keep on making us happy for long years ahead. . .but it's like in the story with St.Andrew with the Dragon, Shakespeare's "Taming of the Shrew" and so on. . .

·
Registered
10,536 Posts
The only time I've changed mine was when I fouled them due to my ignorance concerning the FPR! That was 3500 miles ago. I carry a spare set with me always.

·
Registered
1,830 Posts
One Kaw ZX-12 rider said that "the Warrior is a brutal bike". He never rode one. The only one that rode my bike is a fat guy who's really a twisties wizzard. He rides an Aprilia RSV Mille. So the word goes around the sport bikers. .Hehe

No wonder we got 2 plugs per cylinder. I mean, it's part of nature. The harder you ride it, the faster you deplete the plugs. Lol, this should be the Quote of the Day on Discovery Channel. . too bad they do not have anything on Evolution and Darwin lately.

1 - 20 of 27 Posts