RS Warrior Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
116 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi, searched the forums and didn't any specifics. Anyway, got me some of those NGK Iridium plugs for my Warrior. I liked what they did with my Valkyrie...so I bought a set for the Warrior.

I replaced them already, the stock Densos last year, but never got the right front plug replaced...it appeared to be directly under one of the frame spars.

Is there any tips or tools you could suggest? I know I have to remove the tank... but do I also have to remove the air box under the tank as well?

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thankx!

·
Registered
827 Posts
The plugs are a pain to reach on this bike I don't have a stock air box anymore so I really can't remember if it needs to be removed to get to that plug but I think you have to use a universal joint on a extension ratchet to get in there.
Also I'd highly recommend blowing some compressed air in and around the plug before you loosen it as bits of sand and Pebbles like to collect around the plug and you don't want those falling in there when the plugs out

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Tapatalk

·
Registered
116 Posts
Discussion Starter #6 (Edited)
Yep the stock silencer airbox needs to be removed.

Thanks...I see this..ugh...what a pain in the arse! In the middle of swapping them out now...got three of the four replaced. Man, never had these kinds of difficulties with Honda! I love the **** out of this bike...but man, what a pain to work on... Now I know why Yamaha wants a cnote or so to do!

·
Registered
3,911 Posts
I have no idea what this thread is about, sorry I didn't have time to read it BUT It helps considerably if you cut yourself about 4 to 6 inches of fuel line and stick it on the spark plug. This will help considerably, especially on the front right plug. good luck.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts