RS Warrior Forum banner
  • It's back! Enter your bike HERE for the Warrior of the Quarter Challenge!
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,414 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello, for those of us who like to get the bikes over and scrape the pegs, the little part actually scraping is a small bi-metal bolt 5PX 27435-29-00. I think I just bought the last 2 from Japan. Does anyone have specs on the thread/length/crossover with other parts (5PX 27435-09-00 for instance)? Wearing these down is getting expensive! Aftermarket versions? Kind of a scarce part- Thanks!

Attachments

·
Premium Member
1,414 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I have to measure the threads, ooops, there is nothing to measure! I must have left it on that last sweeper into borrego! I would like to make a clamp that holds a soft coin, (penny?) In place for a cheap replacement!

·
Premium Member
1,414 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Yeah, not looking for sparks, S.Cal has huge fire issues, and as I am generally not looking at the pegs when I am over, I cannot say if the OEM "bolts" produce sparks. I am unsure about regular "bolts", as a stiff bolt would hook up on the pavement if cornering and going across a crack. (Guessing?) I am not sure about the "Bi" part of the bolts, but I believe it is softer, and does not produce sparks the way ferrous bolts do. There must be something good to use...I ordered 2 OEM ones, and will measure the specs on them, for possible cross overs. Keep the ideas coming!

·
Premium Member
1,414 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
They look great! LOL! I did hook my foot on a turn a while ago, nearly threw me off! Moderate right hander, (Rosecrans to I-5N for all you San Diego riders) smooth pavement, easy speed, must have gotten a little duck footed on the apex, threw my right leg so hard it broke a bone in my ankle. A month off work, hard boot, tough recovery. I guess I am more aware now to keep the toes in, but it sure happened out of the blue! Never had this happen before. Many turns have the shoe (boot) buttering on the pavement, but no frame yet! My roadhouse pipe is pretty high-n-tight. Chicken strips are pretty thin. I am concerned about getting WWF slammed by hooking up a solid component on the pavement! random_guy, the peg looks like it was broken off!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts