RS Warrior Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
2,256 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was bidding on some Speed Star Fuel Injectors on eBay, and the auction is closing in 58 minutes. I got word that the Reserve Price was loweredto $65.00 from eBay, as I am the highest bidder at $64.

I can't afford to spend the cash right now, so I thought that I'd pass the info on to you guys, in case anybody's looking to get a set.

It's quite a freakin' deal, really... If I wasn't broke, I'd go ahead with it.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&ssPageName=STRK:MEWAX:IT&item=280293611166

·
Registered
5,211 Posts

·
Registered
4,962 Posts
If you are going with all Speedstar components, the new ECU is basically mapped for that kit. Not just air/fuel but also timing difference , higher flow injectors, etc.

Also, the new ECU increases your redline and rev limit by 500 RPMs.

·
Registered
5,211 Posts
bruce59 said:
If you are going with all Speedstar components, the new ECU is basically mapped for that kit. Not just air/fuel but also timing difference , higher flow injectors, etc.

Also, the new ECU increases your redline and rev limit by 500 RPMs.

Good to know. Thank You!

·
Registered
4,703 Posts
HURD said:
The_Bear said:

1. So what's better, a stock ECU w/PCIII or a Speed* ECU?

2. Maybe a better question would be do you need the S* to add S* equipment?

Bruce is right. It will give you more RPM's but you need HP camshafts for those RPM's Such as SpeedStar, Orient Express or Patrick Racing.

I put in the S* Cams for the '07 season. Prior to that, a good shift point was 4800 RPM. Now with the cams, it pulls like mad to the 5200RPM red line. So the new ECU, will allow me to rev it a bit higher. However, It still needs the PCIII, and a good custom map to perform correctly. It is not one or the other.

Actually, I went with just the ECU Bump when I was running just HC Pistons. But once I put in the V-Back and Cams, I also went for the PCIII. I've been using a modified version of Longdrive's map. And it has worked out so far. But the S* ECU will severly restrict fuel flow, so the PCIII is required to open up the duty cycle of the injectors. Can't wait for spring.!!!!!

·
Registered
4,962 Posts
Like Bear, ..I do use both the Speedstar ECU and the PCIII . Even if the Speedstar ECU would be enough with the kit, I do have differences : Ported and polished heads etc. and a different air kit than Speedstar.

·
Registered
5,211 Posts
bruce59 said:
Like Bear, ..I do use both the Speedstar ECU and the PCIII . Even if the Speedstar ECU would be enough with the kit, I do have differences : Ported and polished heads etc. and a different air kit than Speedstar.

I'm going to add this to my favorites and bug you fellas a bit when I get there. Gentlemen! Good day!

1 - 11 of 11 Posts