RS Warrior Forum banner

1 - 20 of 61 Posts

·
Registered
531 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just talked to my Yamaha dealer about getting the scoop as a replacement for a broken one. He called Yamaha and they told him they would be available in "1 month" for "$159.95".

Unclear on whether this is retail price or dealer replacement cost...

Cool Huh?[/emoticons/emotion-2.gif]

·
Registered
201 Posts
Does anyone know if these scoops (kit) can work with the BAK? Or will I have to use the cover as a shell? (cosmetic)

·
Super Moderator
13,703 Posts
I don't see why it wouldn't work, you are just diverting more air under there. I would think you would get more of a ram effect if you had the stock air silencer box in there to catch and cram all that air down the throttle bodies, but it still should work for you.

·
Registered
531 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
I'm going to call back in 3 weeks or so and get the scoop on the scoop again. [/emoticons/emotion-5.gif]
Judging from the pic on an earlier intake post by OB, the duct will force air neatly under the tank whether you have the BAK or not. I would take out the air filter in the scoop if you have the BAK, though.

·
Registered
3,938 Posts
Well, That certainly made my job a lot easier. I was not able to find anyone to bite on my proposals....(Those who had followed my proposed project).

·
Registered
234 Posts
Yeah "OB" said it just forced more air to his BAK, he wasnt useing any filter in the Speed star scoop, I think if you don't have a BAK you will want to use some kind of filter, or get BAK. It is a bad looking scoop I hope that they really do start selling it as they say they are.

·
Registered
104 Posts
I wonder since one piece formerly exclusive to the speed star kit will now be available separately, if all pieces formerly exclusive to speed star kit will now be available separately. Has a kind of logic to it. If anyone inquires about availability of the scoop, could they also ask about other kit pieces being available separately?
[/emoticons/emotion-4.gif]

·
Registered
421 Posts
I was told by a dealer this past summer that Yamaha was going to break down the kit. We'll see?????
FYI-I noticed that they changed the pipe in the speedstar kit. It now comes with a 2 into 1. What do you bet that they get real competitive on price this year?

·
Registered
511 Posts
SPEED STAR SCOOP Just what the Doctor ordered!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Finally,
Are they available in any dealer? if so anybody have a part # so I can get one locally.

1 - 20 of 61 Posts