RS Warrior Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
349 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What are some of the pros and cons of these two ECU mods? There is a Speed Star on Ebay and I'm considering it. I have a Churchkey VBAK, HC pistons, and custom exhaust.

·
Registered
4,835 Posts
Well the speed* ECU is designed for the total speed* setup. Cams, pistons, pipe, oversized in jectors. So you'd probably need a pcIII anyways to make it run right. Your better option would be to go with the pcIII, and if you just wanted the ECU for the extra rpm's, I think the pcIIIignition modual is available now so you can increase you rev limiter and change your timing.

·
Registered
4,703 Posts
Mustfire, The main thing the S* ECU does is up the red line to 5600RPM. Unless you have S*, Orient Express or Patrick Racing cam shafts. That is not going to give you any thing.

In addition it leans out the fuel mixture to about 18 to 1, if not more. That is because it assumes the S* injectors, which put out about 40% more fuel. It also retards the timing a bit.

So w/o cams, it is not worth the effort, and you would still need a PC III with a GOOD map, not a $100 full throttle only cheapie.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts