RS Warrior Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
452 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What can I expect in terms of performance by going to a bak like Churchkey's from a speed* air cleaner and K&N filters. Does the speed* add any real performance? If I upgrade, will I get that big grin or wish I would have spent the money on a different mod?

·
Registered
452 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks for the link cyberdon but that really had nothing to do with my question. I am notin the market for a stage 4 kit.Surely somebody has gone from a speed* air cleaner set up to churchkeys vbak and has an opinion or hard evidence of performance gains. If I had a stock bike there would be no hesitation in installing a vbak. I just want to know if the gains are worth the $200 or so, and the time to do the mod.

·
Premium Member
1,214 Posts
if i understand ur question correctly - i'll be able to tell u in a week. i just installed the air cleaner and have the vbak on order. i put the cleaner on cuz i like the look better than the oem diamond

·
Registered
452 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Did you put in K&N's too? I hope you bought your scoop and filters used. Quite an investment for a couple of weeks. I will be waiting for your report on the difference after your vbak install.

·
Registered
187 Posts
You might be mistaken. The speed* intake is not necesairly a performance upgrade... actually mine now is purely for the cover, which i personally like. the BAK and VBAK are the real performance gainers... If you are handy, go with the DIY BAK, easy 60+ dollars in filters and your are on your way to a faster bike. Oh and while you have your tank off... buy or make the coil relocate bracket, one of the better mods i have done with the clean up of your bike.

My .02 and hope it helps

·
Premium Member
1,214 Posts
I cant give you any hard numbers but the scoop air cleaner seem to booster performance a little. plus it looks cool - should have the VBAK here thursday or friday - cant wait.

·
Registered
4,384 Posts
Rocketino said:
I just want to know if the gains are worth the $200

Yes the Churchkey is worth it. I installed the SpeedStar scoop for looks only. I didn't install a filter in it, no need to it is not functional.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts