RS Warrior Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My housing arrangements are changing, and I am moving into a condo that does not have a garage, and I was looking for a way to store the bike is a dry, safe and secure manner other than renting a storage unit that I would have to drive to when ever I wanted to go for a ride. My girlfriend ruled out parking it in the livingroom
, but I came across a portable motocycle garage, that looks nice, is cost effective and fits my needs.

In my opinion the shelter looks better than a bike cover, and it is securable to the ground essentially reserving your parking spot (condo association approved!), and it protects my bikefrom curious eyes, theelements, and even cars from parking to close. I also like the fact that it does not touch the paint or chrome, it's lockable, and I can drive the bike in even when the engine and exhaust is warm, and not have to come down when the bike cools to cover it up. There are two models, and it looks like the standard model would fit the warrior, butthey do reccomend thebigger model for our bikes. I will verify this.

I looked for a local dealer, and it is over four hours away, so I called the manufacturer, and he is willing to provide a group discount if I can get an order of 10 or more. The website is below. For those interested, the prices would be roughly 15% below the MSRP, including shipping directly to your door.They will include the overhead light as well. If you want the floor mat, that would be extra, but we should be able to get a discount on that too.

Please let me know if you are interested, and which model you would prefer (large or small). I have additional details, but the web site does a good job of detailing the unit.

The web site is:www.speedwayshelters.com

PS - I did an online search for reviews of this shelter, and the reviews have all been positive.

·
Registered
2,600 Posts
I'll take the version on the left....I figure it would offer sufficient cover for my ride and looks relatively easy to assemble and disassemble as well.

·
Registered
2,600 Posts
Arizona Warrior said:
Oh - wait - I get it, thetwiggy babe is on the left in the pic . . . easy to disassemble . . . hahahaha!

SuicideD_45 said:
I'll take the version on the left....I figure it would offer sufficient cover for my ride and looks relatively easy to assemble and disassemble as well.
LOL....but she's not Twiggy...she has a nice canopy there from what I can see...but the pic is kinda small and the sun was directly overhead too.

·
Registered
367 Posts
I've got a comparable model, its not the speedway though. Honestly I love it. I don't have a garage and I was using a standard bike cover, but it never seemed to stay on, and I could never seem to get it on between the time I shut the bike down, waited for the pipe to cool and the next rain shower coming in so it didn't do me much good. Now I can put it away hot, and have no issues. I'm looking to pick up another one for my other bike because I've still got the same problem with the rain and hot pipes on it. I got mine from Darkstar a few months back, he may be able to tell you the name, I looked on mine, but didn't see any logos, tags or other identifying marks.

·
Registered
6 Posts
I recently bought this model http://www.cycleshelter.com/(you can find it online for about $270) for the winter here in DC. If you don't have a garage I would highly recommend it, especially if you live in a climate that gets snow or ice. The only minor complaint I have is how it behaves in the wind. The parking lot I keep my bike in is fairly open and the cover acts as a giant sail. A few sandbags at the corners usually does the trick though.

·
Premium Member
3,389 Posts
I saw one on Andrews Air Force base the other day but it looked like it had a zipper and a door instead of the folding thing.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts