RS Warrior Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
4,938 Posts
Hmm, reseat the cable? I know this sounds simple. I assume the speedo cable was disconnected during your mods? maybe just not seated properly. ??

·
Registered
2,826 Posts
check all the snap connections.;My speedo had issues then stopped working alltogether.A 3 wire conn. under the seat was not making good contact.I put dielectric grease in the plug, snapped back together and that fixed it. Drove me nutz trying to figure it out.
Good luck.

·
Registered
1,155 Posts
Originally posted by CruiseMissile

A 3 wire conn. under the seat was not making good contact.I put dielectric grease in the plug, snapped back together and that fixed it.

That is the speed sensor.

Do you get an error code? My speedo would go through the self-check, all lights and indicators worked fine except it would not register speed. I have been fighting with error code 42, checked the entire hareness, every connector, and finally replaced the speed sensor with a NEW sensor AND speedo, the speedo was doing something bad to the speed sensors. FINALLY have everything working again, it's almost like a new bike, well, one that needs a clutch and new rear tire again.[/emoticons/emotion-4.gif]

·
Premium Member
8,880 Posts
62Rampsidekid...How do you replace the speed sensor and where exactly is it?
Thanks
quote:Originally posted by 62Rampsidekid

Originally posted by CruiseMissile

A 3 wire conn. under the seat was not making good contact.I put dielectric grease in the plug, snapped back together and that fixed it.

That is the speed sensor.

Do you get an error code? My speedo would go through the self-check, all lights and indicators worked fine except it would not register speed. I have been fighting with error code 42, checked the entire hareness, every connector, and finally replaced the speed sensor with a NEW sensor AND speedo, the speedo was doing something bad to the speed sensors. FINALLY have everything working again, it's almost like a new bike, well, one that needs a clutch and new rear tire again.[/emoticons/emotion-4.gif]

·
Registered
1,155 Posts
Originally posted by AlanH

62Rampsidekid...How do you replace the speed sensor and where exactly is it?
Thanks

Insert Image:

56.44KB

This is the sensor. It is located between the frame and the transaxle just aft of the nuetral switch and behind the oil tank.
Everything under the seat has to be removed, the battery box, left side cover, fuel pump, fuel tank, and all connectors have to be disconnected. once everything is out, all the wiring running down the frame has to be removed from the plastic clips and pulled aside. There is one allen head bolt that holds the sensor in the case. Even with everything out of the way, you can barely see the sensor, pulling it out and getting it out of the frame takes a little twisting, flipping and lots of patience.

Insert Image:

40.75KB

I have a few more pics if this doesn't answer enough, let me know.[/emoticons/emotion-2.gif]

·
Registered
25 Posts
I have had the same problem replaced the sensor still had the problem replaced speedo still continues so now I give it a tap and it works.

·
Registered
1 Posts
PROBLEM SOLVED !!!

This guy figured it out.
Apparently what is happening is the needles occasionally get stuck to the pins that they rest on when at zero.
This guy covered the pins by sliding, of all things, earring protectors over them. It seams to have worked well for him.
I am having the same problem and will be trying this soon.
Check out the link i put up top to his original post. Seams to be a very simple, easy and cheap fix to a problem that may people have been having for years.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts