RS Warrior Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
416 Posts
Well, boys and girls...
It can be done!!! I have proof. My speedo and tach have been mod'd to glow red!!!! I have wondered for a couple years now if this could be done, there have been a couple of threads started on the topic and most everyone said that it just wasn't possible. I was about ready to give up, when I contacted Scott @ www.bluegauges.com. He said that he thought for sure he could change out the led bulbs. I just got them back and voila!! they are no longer blue.

The picture shows that the tach is a litte orange.. but that is only in the picture.. the tach is very red.

this is the most recent topic that I started on this...

[ArizonaWarrior trying to find this dead link] http://www.rswarrior.com/forums/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=20957 (no longer exists)

just goes to show you.. if you try hard enough, you can do it!!!
Thanks to Scott!!! and to Slothy for putting me onto him!

·
Registered
2,895 Posts
Re: Speedo & tach backlight conversion. blue to red

Scott is the da S$%^ ! (my old gsxr dash is on his site (all the green ones)

·
Registered
1,728 Posts

Alright razor...for the good news - what was the cost to do this??? And how long were you out the pieces.

·
Registered
10,319 Posts

**** it! I painted my bike blue to match the stock LEDS and now this!

·
Registered
416 Posts
Discussion Starter #6

quote:Originally posted by BartenderSammy

Alright razor...for the good news - what was the cost to do this??? And how long were you out the pieces.

Scott did mine for parts and shipping... he hadn't done one for our bike yet... I am not sure how much he will charge, best bet is just to contact him and talk it out... he seems very cool.

·
Registered
5,332 Posts

I'm just glad that mine came stock from Yamaha red.../emoticons/emotion-1.gif

·
Registered
644 Posts

mine are pink.....thats stock right? right guys....ya'll have pink from the facotry too, right?? [/emoticons/emotion-4.gif]

·
Registered
416 Posts
Discussion Starter #10

Thanks guys.. I appreciate the kudos... Besides the V-BAK from Church, I think this is my favorite mod. It is going to go so well with my eventual paint scheme..

·
Super Moderator
8,496 Posts

I was waiting on this. Nice work. Thanks to Slothy and you we now have options to consider. The red would look sweet with my paint job too.

·
Registered
1,929 Posts

Congrats..... this is deffinitely a top notch mod. I'm sure many will follow.. good work!!!!

·
Registered
726 Posts

quote:Originally posted by razorbackWarrior

Thanks guys.. I appreciate the kudos... Besides the V-BAK from Church, I think this is my favorite mod. It is going to go so well with my eventual paint scheme..

My paint scheme's already RED. Gimme!!!!

·
Registered
163 Posts

In my Dodge Ram Hemi truck commercial voice........

"sweeeeeeet"
(as hamburger patties burn)

·
Registered
690 Posts

I was thinking the same thing Shawn. That would go great with the candy red racing stripes on my bike.

·
Super Moderator
8,496 Posts

I talked with Scott the other night, he's informed me he doesn't want to do the speedo. The trim ring can be damaged during removal to get to the LED's. He did say he'd do the tach though.

·
Registered
1,515 Posts

That sux, one isn't really any good with out the other IMHO.

quote:Originally posted by JPWARRIOR

I talked with Scott the other night, he's informed me he doesn't want to do the speedo. The trim ring can be damaged during removal to get to the LED's. He did say he'd do the tach though.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts